The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Thanks bud. Like I say, didn't want to sound I was calling you out on it or anything.

I don't have Facebook, so can't see what lengths fans are going to defend them, and I'm far from a fan of them by any stretch these days, but at this stage all you can really do is say that they're innocent until proven guilty. The fact that some of the band (according to that article) weren't willing to give DNA samples doesn't sit well though.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I really like Satyricon's new album; deep calleth upon deep, I'm a huge fan of theirs but their last album was horrible so I feared the worst. The new one doesn't feature any riffs that are as catchy as they can be on their best day so it takes a few listens to get into but it's really solid with little filler and they try some weird stuff and it all works, there's even some saxophone on it. They were amazing when I saw them support it last week, they played a 2 hour early gig at a gay club and it was the best thing I've been to this year.

Some albums that I've been enjoying that have come out recently and a stand out track in case you want to check out before diving in.

The World Is A Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid To Die-Always Foreign

Despite the bloody emo as fuck name, this massive (literally) bands third album is bloody lovely and the perfect Autumn release. Really atmospheric, swooping and shimmery, they actually remind me quite a bit of Mercury Rev, Arcade Fire, The Flaming Lips and this is gorgeous, it really is. Stand out track "Faker"

Prawn-Run

Another band with a bloody awful name, but this album is a banger. If you're a fan of The Promise Ring, American Football or any of the 'emo revival' bands, then you'll enjoy this a lot. Really great vocalist in Tony Clark, melodic and gravelly at the same time, quite post rock in places (Explosions In The Sky-eque) and every track has a great chorus. Stand out track "Rooftops"

Counterparts-You're Not You Anymore

Confession: I have to be really in the mood for a bit of hardcore, but this fucking rips. Melodic, hard, breakdowns, pure riffage, this album is an absolute belter. I have been playing it a lot the last couple of weeks, and it does not let up. Stand out track "Swim Beneath My Skin"

Enter Shikari-The Spark

Best band in the world. 1000000% headlining Download next year. Stand out track "Rabble Rouser"

I hope you enjoy if you check any of these out. Recommendations from others would be welcome.

23 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Prawn-Run

Another band with a bloody awful name, but this album is a banger. If you're a fan of The Promise Ring, American Football or any of the 'emo revival' bands, then you'll enjoy this a lot. Really great vocalist in Tony Clark, melodic and gravelly at the same time, quite post rock in places (Explosions In The Sky-eque) and every track has a great chorus. Stand out track "Rooftops"

I saw Prawn supporting Gnarwolves in some awful nightclub in Birmingham a few years ago. They were brilliant. I really enjoyed their last album but haven't got round to the new one yet.