Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Haha. Be who you want to.

 

Fans are a funny bunch. You've got the ones who don't want to be seen as some mainstreamed going to Download, so they go to Bloodstock. Then within that you've got ones who want to appear even more 'underground' (for lack of a better term) so go to things like Damnation*, TechFest* and the like, and then within those you have ones who are even more underground than underground and so on. It's the same with wrestling, you can try and think of the most obscure promotion/match or whatever and you can grurantee that there will be someone pipe up who has a more obscure example. It just turns into one massive dick measuring contest.

 

* just to be clear, I don't have any issue with anyone that goes to either of those festivals, I'm just using those as examples for varying size

  • Paid Members
Posted

I used to read the Bloodstock forums and would see the uproar from fans when certain bands got announced...the same bands would get some of the best reactions of the entire festival when they actually played. I ain't got any time for any of the underground hipsters in metal, such a weird bunch.

 

I'm planning on going next year, the lineup so far is samey to other years but it's a good selection so far. Skindred is the one notable addition that i imagine has pissed off the hardcore's, they stick out like a sore thumb but as a live act i'd bet my bottom dollar on them getting a great reaction on the day.

  • Paid Members
Posted

they went on some kind of hiatus but are back together now, i don't really know the details but they've just put out a 7" split with Full of Hell.

 

CCA-NAILS-FULL-OF-HELL-SPLIT-7-INCH-MAIN

  • Paid Members
Posted

Anyone know of any good UK based rock/metal news sites? I visited Team Rock on a daily basis but thats gone now. Any others?

  • Members
Posted

Anyone know of any good UK based rock/metal news sites? I visited Team Rock on a daily basis but thats gone now. Any others?

www.punktastic.com I find good, but it's more geared towards punk/emo but they do post about metal. Apart from that I only really check rocksound.tv

  • Paid Members
Posted

Speaking of which, looks like the magazines have been saved. Their former publishers have re-purchased the magazines, tidy news.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Anyone know of any good UK based rock/metal news sites? I visited Team Rock on a daily basis but thats gone now. Any others?

Depending what you like PureRawk.com is ok, if not a bit intermittent with updates. 

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Posted

You know how music can help you through the darkest of moments? Well No Halo by Sorority Noise is that song for me at the moment. I predict their upcoming album will be their big breakthrough. Go check it out.

  • Paid Members
Posted

 

 

Anyone know of any good UK based rock/metal news sites? I visited Team Rock on a daily basis but thats gone now. Any others?

Depending what you like PureRawk.com is ok, if not a bit intermittent with updates.

Team Rock website is up and running again, happy with that.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I found out last night that the bassplayer from my old band passed away last week which shocked me, but also got me trawling through videos that used to turn up on that P Rock channel about ten years ago. Anybody else remember that?

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeh i remember P Rock, it stayed on long after it actually ended i think and they just looped the same 10 or so videos over and over.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...