Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Metal Hammer have listed their Top 50 Albums of 2016 in the latest issue (out today).

The winner-

 

Gojira - Magma

 

I was gonna do an album of the year thread but we might as well keep it in here.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

sad to hear that Team Rock has gone into administration with immediate effect....which means Metal Hammer, Classic Rock and it's Prog off shot are no more. What sucks even more is that the staff have been laid off without pay 6 days before Christmas. I'm still a regular read of Metal Hammer and Classic Rock, they are my goto reads when im taking a shit.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Just got my dads Christmas gift, tickets to go and see Martin Barre at the Cluny in Newcastle. Can't wait for this.

 

Great little venue, last time was to see focus and now this guitar legend... I know he'll be chuffed too.

Posted (edited)

That really is sad news. Metal Hammer was a great magazine.

 

Actually, I have a question relating to an issue of Metal Hammer that I can't seem to find online. Bare with me as my memory is a little bit hazy about it but it was a special issue that focused on the satanic aspects of Metal. It featured a large spread about Black Sabbath, Norwegian black Metal and other various bits and bobs. This issue came out about 10 years ago, I think? Sadly when moving house a couple of years ago my parents got rid of a lot of my old magazines and that was one of them. If possible, I'd love to find it online and buy it again. Again, sorry for the crap info but I imagine if you've read it you'll know what I'm on about.

Edited by sammorgz
Posted

Terrorizer put out a Black Metal special about five years ago, wasnt that was it?

Sadly not man. 100% Metal Hammer. And yeah absolutely Wyatt, unfortunately all the special issues I can find online aren't the one I'm after.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Really disappointed that Team Rock is done. Ive been an avid reader of Metal Hammer for over 6 years now so its going to be weird not having it around anymore. Other then this thread it was also the only place I ever saw where bands were playing on future tours.

 

I always wondered how Team Rock radio made any money as I couldn't imagine there were many people subscribed to their website - clearly they weren't making much money!

 

I used to love the radio station when it was on DAB too, but unfortunately when they left DAB for internet only I could never get it to work on my computer or phone so I had to say goodbye to my afternoons with Dewsbury

Edited by waters44
  • Paid Members
Posted

My top ten albums of 2016 -

 

1. Brian Fallon & The Crowes – Painkillers

2. Milk Teeth – Vile Child

3. The Dirty Nil – Higher Power

4. The Interrupters – Say It Loud

5. Gojira - Magma

6. Letlive - If Im the Devil

7. Thrice - To be everywhere is to be Nowhere

8. Pup – The Dream Is Over

9. Metallica – Hardwired….

10. Avenged Sevenfold – The Stage

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...