The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

sad to hear that Team Rock has gone into administration with immediate effect....which means Metal Hammer, Classic Rock and it's Prog off shot are no more. What sucks even more is that the staff have been laid off without pay 6 days before Christmas. I'm still a regular read of Metal Hammer and Classic Rock, they are my goto reads when im taking a shit.

That really is sad news. Metal Hammer was a great magazine.

Actually, I have a question relating to an issue of Metal Hammer that I can't seem to find online. Bare with me as my memory is a little bit hazy about it but it was a special issue that focused on the satanic aspects of Metal. It featured a large spread about Black Sabbath, Norwegian black Metal and other various bits and bobs. This issue came out about 10 years ago, I think? Sadly when moving house a couple of years ago my parents got rid of a lot of my old magazines and that was one of them. If possible, I'd love to find it online and buy it again. Again, sorry for the crap info but I imagine if you've read it you'll know what I'm on about.

Edited by sammorgz

• Paid Members

Really disappointed that Team Rock is done. Ive been an avid reader of Metal Hammer for over 6 years now so its going to be weird not having it around anymore. Other then this thread it was also the only place I ever saw where bands were playing on future tours.

I always wondered how Team Rock radio made any money as I couldn't imagine there were many people subscribed to their website - clearly they weren't making much money!

I used to love the radio station when it was on DAB too, but unfortunately when they left DAB for internet only I could never get it to work on my computer or phone so I had to say goodbye to my afternoons with Dewsbury

Edited by waters44

• Paid Members

My top ten albums of 2016 -

1. Brian Fallon & The Crowes – Painkillers

2. Milk Teeth – Vile Child

3. The Dirty Nil – Higher Power

4. The Interrupters – Say It Loud

5. Gojira - Magma

6. Letlive - If Im the Devil

7. Thrice - To be everywhere is to be Nowhere

8. Pup – The Dream Is Over

9. Metallica – Hardwired….