UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

It stems back to the Royal Rumble. Sid finished runner up in that after Hogan, like a cunt, started to pull Sid out over from the outside. Flair took advantage and dumped Sid out for the win and the WWF Title. It's the Rumble match we all love, so I'm sure you knew that already.

Shortly thereafter there was a Wrestlemania press conference in which the #1 contender was to be named. Flair was there as was Hogan, Sid and Macho Man. When the announcement was happening Sid started to start up thinking he was getting the title shot, only for Jack Tunny to name Hogan as #1 contender - 

In a pre match interview with Sid and Hogan, Sean Mooney asks an open question which Sid goes to answer, only for Mooney to turn to Hogan. Sid walks out and Hogan does the interview on his own then Sid did the walkout in the match later on - 

IN SHORT: babyface Hogan got eliminated from the Royal Rumble fair & square, screws over the guy (another babyface) who eliminated him and went had a moan at Jack Tunny. Tunny names Hogan #1 contender for no apparent reason, Sid is pissed as he's not getting a title match that he probably should have

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Spelling/grammatical errors

• Paid Members

For the Nexus angle, I would say their debut is essential viewing, the big Summerslam tag match with Daniel Bryan's return is well worth it too. The other bit that I loved was this Piper's Pit;

In which Roddy Piper does a better job of putting over the story in one promo than Cena, Barrett, or the entire writing team managed in a month.

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members

The "misconceptions" thread reminded me of a question that has puzzled me from the start of my wrestling fandom.., Why did Vince call the Atomic Drop a "Reverse Piledriver" during Summerslam '92?  I can't really remember it being called that any other time and was wondering if it was due to some sort of broadcasting rule in this country or something?

• Paid Members

Regarding the Sid vs Hogan feud a few posts back, I seem to have a recollection of him wrecking "The Barber Shop" of Brutus Beefcake and ending up with white powder all over his face, ranting into the camera. Am i taking this from "Scarface"? Thanks.

• Paid Members

Until I recalled the context that at that point Brutus was still nearly a year away from an in-ring return following the parasailing accident, it was really jarring to see a babyface cowering on the floor, then actually running away at full pelt as soon as Sid turned his back. Even though Sid's a giant lunatic brandishing a chair.

Is there a reason the WWE don't use pyro as much now? I'd heard it was down to cost cutting, but I wondered whether it may be to do with minimising risk. I remember reading that fans were hit with pyro - I think it was at one of the Wrestlemanias, maybe 24.

Taker of course nearly got singed to a crisp prior to an elimination chamber, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's risk reduction

I'm really sad they've recently got rid of Neville's loud bang before his theme, I got a great kick out of seeing people flinch at it

• Paid Members

I think it's cost reduction, not only the cost of the charges but also the person (team?) responsible for it.

It seems to have gone entirely now, even the "hidden" bangs e.g. for Sheamus' entrance.

If that means the incongruous bangs added to Nakumura's entrance are no more, all the better.

• Paid Members

Did they have pyro for the shows in Norfolk the other month? Word is round that way you can get a miniature pink floyd concert for under £500.

Edited by Tommy!

Does anyone have the Mick Foley Crazy Christmas 7" vinyl? I keep being tempted to buy it as I usually buy any old Christmas records but as it's a spoken word of him reading a story his kid wrote i'm not sure if it's a record too far even for me. Mick Foley + Christmas + vinyl, ten years ago I'd have been buying up every available copy but the thing he's become these past however many years really puts me off.

So does anyone have It? Is it as bad as it sounds?

• Paid Members

It's on Spotify if you want to listen to it before buying it but I imagine it's the sort of thing you'd really only want to buy for the randomness of it rather than because you want to listen to it.