UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

On 16/08/2017 at 5:28 PM, D@mm said:

Probably been asked loads and I am sorry for being annoying but is there in the UK that sell Bullet Club t-shirts, I just looked on NJPWEurope and all the shirts are sold out.

2 here if you're interested. Both XL.

https://puroresuview.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2017-08-15T20:30:00%2B01:00&max-results=1

• Paid Members

Following a conversation following this video that's been floating around Twitter the last few days:

I'm trying to find a video from (I think) a Japanese promotion in 2015 where a guy gets thrown from the balcony of an arena and completely misses the table he's supposed to land on. I think he might have even gotten up afterwards but it looked awful. Anyone know what I'm on about or did I imagine it?

Edited by Au

On Wed Aug 23 2017 at 4:34 AM, Au said:

Following a conversation following this video that's been floating around Twitter the last few days:

I'm trying to find a video from (I think) a Japanese promotion in 2015 where a guy gets thrown from the balcony of an arena and completely misses the table he's supposed to land on. I think he might have even gotten up afterwards but it looked awful. Anyone know what I'm on about or did I imagine it?

You may be thinking of an incident in Puerto Rico a few years back involving Flash Flanagan. Having trouble posting at the moment bit search for him, he took a biel toss off a balcony and his leg barely clipped the table and most of his body went splat on the ground.

• Paid Members
On 8/13/2017 at 2:11 PM, tiger_rick said:

Get yourself John Lister's book "Turning the tables" if you can. It's great on this stuff.

WWE didn't even own the ECW name when they started using it during the "InVasion" on TV.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

You may be thinking of an incident in Puerto Rico a few years back involving Flash Flanagan. Having trouble posting at the moment bit search for him, he took a biel toss off a balcony and his leg barely clipped the table and most of his body went splat on the ground.

Yes! That's the one! Thanks mate.

ywpQ9ZX.gif

Edited by Au
Changed link to embed.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Abe Mikkel said:

Is that why they came up with "The Alliance" 

Pretty sure they were still using the ECW name and logo in Tron videos etc. Think the Alliance was named because it was so: an alliance between ECW and WCW. 

• Paid Members

They definitely eased off on the ECW name for a little while and put more emphasis on The Alliance because of the legal problems. They then paid $50,000 to the court for temporary use of the name before the bankruptcy proceedings were sorted.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Heatwave 97 wasnt part of the PPV run, it was shown in parts on ECW TV

I know they released a few house shows on DVD, should I assume that they just jumped 97 as I can find 94,95 and 96 and then it jumps to 98. 

Luckily, I have a Hardcore TV collection arriving, so I guess I'll own it......sort of. 

Thanks for your answer.