UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

My son was having a match with his figures just there. Los Matadores vs The Usos with a very unique stipulation. The losing team have to face each other in a match and the loser is fired. Anybody ever seen this in any promotion? Major or otherwise.

Sounds like a tremendous plot device. After you've fought tooth and nail to avoid getting the sack, the anger with which two guys will then fight, each blaming the other for them being in that predicament... yeah!

Of course if it was THAT match, at the end of the singles match I would want 2003 Eric Bischoff to magically appear, Dr Beckett style, and inform ALL FOUR of them that screw them, THEY'RE ALL FIRED! Oh boy.

• Paid Members

Has Sting ever set up the Scorpion Death Drop with a scoop lift?

I ask because, years ago when I used to get CAW formulas to re-create Sting in the SmackDown! games, the authors always said to pick the reverse DDT that was set up with the scoop lift. I thought the reason was it was the closest to the Scorpion Death Drop, as the other reverse DDTs were the Christian-style ones where the attacker drops on their stomach as opposed to falling backwards. But even Sting’s Wikipedia page says ones of his finishing move is, “Scorpion Death Drop (Inverted DDT, sometimes preceded by a scoop lift) – 1996–present”.

I’ve never seen Sting set up the Scorpion Death Drop in this way. So has he at any point?

A long shot but does anyone know where to find a high quality picture/scan of the side of this cabinet?

*WWF Wrestlemania Cabinet Picture*

Not 100% perfect but this may help:

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag58/synonym999/Midway%20Fighter-cabinets/Cabinet%208%20-%20WrestleMania/DSC_0409_zpsb488a6dc.jpg~original

Picture is huge so I've linked it instead of posting it.

There's a few more of the unit here as well:

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/synonym999/library/Midway%20Fighter-cabinets/Cabinet%208%20-%20WrestleMania?sort=2&page=1

• Paid Members

Don't know for sure, but I always figured that in editing it down to two hours they decided the main event and tag match would be complete and the other two highlights, then decided it made more sense artistically to go full/edit/edit/full rather than have the first match on the tape be edited down.

• Paid Members

I remember during the Invasion, a segment where Steve Austin beat the living crap out of Tazz to "teach him respect". They were both on the same side, what was the reasoning behind this? Was it ever explained? 

Also, why wasn't Taker at WMX and 16? Was he injured? 

He took time off after Royal Rumble 1994 as his first kid was being born which led to him missing WM10, and he had surgery on a torn pec (iirc) in late 1999 which led to him missing WM2000.

• Paid Members

Makes sense. If he hadn't have missed those two, I wonder if he would he been 23 - 1 and Lesnar defeated him, or if they would have ended it earlier. 

Guess only Vince and Co will ever know. 

• Paid Members

I'm sure the torn pec was the initial injury in 1999, but didn't he also tear his groin while training for his comeback? I have this memory in my head from the time that he was supposed to return in January 2000 and got another injury which put him out of Mania.

EDIT: Actually he was limping around in mid-99 if I remember. He might have went down with a torn groin and injured his pec before Mania. I know he had a load of injuries and was thinking of packing it in.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay