UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I remember his name was Jim Dotson. 

I don't remember him being involved in any angles, but being a bulky lad he always stood out at ringside.

I Googled him for up to date information and there are a number of other wrestling forums in which people are asking the same thing.

Some of the alleged information I've copied & pasted:

I believe Jim Dotson was a legit security guy that the WWE wanted to train and wrestle.  IIRC, he had a brief "feud" with Steve Blackman that went nowhere because, in part, Dotson had no interest in becoming an in-ring competitor.

Not much info on him post-WWE, but if various other forums are to be believed, Dotson left the WWE in 2001 due to migraine headaches and vision issues and now lives in TN.

The bit about him basically deciding the 2000 Royal Rumble winner was tremendous.

He is legally blind.

There is a fairly interesting article on him here: http://droptoehold.com/post/39681525289/wwe-security-dotson

Thanks further googling it seems he left WWF in 2001 due to "crippling migrines" and is legally blind... don't know how true it is

I can put a name to face.

On a side non wrestling note, what were those hats called that he wore and so did Triple H in 2000 called?

Edited by 2Xtreme_lives

• Paid Members

Wrestlemania is midnight, preshow 10pm.  Hall of Fame is 1am, preshow midnight.

Hall of Fame is 11pm preshow, ceremony at midnight. US already has its clocks forward so we're currently only four hours ahead until we put out clocks forward, which happens during the HOF ceremony.

• Paid Members

No, because even though Sting says it was because of "the onscreen product" (even though he worked for WCW and TNA under Russo), it was always because Sting had the golden deal in WCW. WWF's whole thing was to give you a decent downside and the opportunity to make a shitload on PPV and merch. Where as WCW always took care of Sting and had him on this huge downside guarantee. And WWF were never going to break their pay structure for someone they didnt create. Its not how they did things back then.

Wrestlemania is midnight, preshow 10pm.  Hall of Fame is 1am, preshow midnight.

Hall of Fame is 11pm preshow, ceremony at midnight. US already has its clocks forward so we're currently only four hours ahead until we put out clocks forward, which happens during the HOF ceremony.

Well noted.

Also just noticed the slot on the Network for the Hall of Fame is 4 hours.  Probably means nothing, I'm sure they're just allowing for it to overrun, but I think it was 3 hours last year.

• Paid Members

They do a variation in Mexico where the losers have to face off with their masks or hair at stake. Not usually a regular tag team though -- it'll be a babyface and a heel on either side, usually two guys feuding.