UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Bret and Owen had a series of 60 min Iron Man matches around the house show circuit in 1994.

If house shows count, Rockers and the Rougeaus in 89, Bret and Ric Flair in 93.

• Paid Members

It was good fun, that match. The pyro spot was barmy, but inspired.

The issue with that Cena/Orton series is it went on for too long, which is why people don't look back on it with fond memories. I'll never forget a couple of years ago they tried to do the Hogan/Warrior face off spot in the Rumble with Cena and Orton, but nobody reacted to it. A pretty clear indication, at the time, that the fans were still burnt out with that combination.

Edited by ColinBollocks

They did react, by booing the shit out of it. I'm amazed they did again at Hell In A Cell last year after getting such a negative reception at the Royal Rumble, but I enjoyed the HIAC match alot. They can have good matches against each other, but it's been done so many times people are bored of it. That 2009 feud did seem to last from about May to the October, far too long

Yeah I'd missed a lot of the feud so wasn't going into the match with that ill feeling, although, I've groaned when they've been put together the last couple of times and especially during the title fued they had at Royal Rumble 2014. That was shockingly dull.

• Paid Members

The 2009 run gets disregarded because they had already wrestled each other dozens of times but the two matches they had at Breaking Point (compelling, psychological) and Bragging Rights (fun and chock full of shortcuts and distractions) were very good but completely different pieces of work. The problem is, people passed on it because they'd seen the pair have enough matches in 2007-2008, especially during the much-maligned run which saw Cena come back from his injury to pursue Orton in hopes of getting the belt back, a feud which somehow ended up being won by Triple H.

Edited by air_raid

Yeah I'd missed a lot of the feud so wasn't going into the match with that ill feeling, although, I've groaned when they've been put together the last couple of times and especially during the title fued they had at Royal Rumble 2014. That was shockingly dull.

I remember the crowd shitting on it but I thought that match was pretty great, and I'm sure that was the consensus on here.