UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Helms does commentary for Tommy Dreamer's promotion. He gets himself around. I bet you he makes a kiling on the indies, you know. He's a memorable WWE gimmick, which means you can live off that shit forever. And he's a fun character for promotions that attract families as well. He can do the international tours and he can do local shows for kids because promoters know those types of wrestlers draw casuals. Matt Hardy, Shane Helms, X-Pac, Carlito, Kevin Nash and the likes can work that thing forever. You still see the same ex-WWE wrestlers all over the shop that you saw on the indies years ago. Brodus Clay, Renee Dupree and Snitskey have a shelf life and die out eventually, but if you were over for a long stretch in WWE people will still buy your t-shirts at indy shows years later.

• Paid Members

I don't understand the question ; in what context, "use the lineage"? On the website title history or something?

It's probably similar to how they kept the newer "Divas title" history and dumped the Moolah belt when those titles were unified. That way they only have to go back so far and assume nobody really gives a shit about Toru Tanaka, King Curtis Iaukea or whoever. And while they love to remind us that there WAS wrestling before the modern era, I guess avoiding having to get into the convolution of why there even were two sets of tag belts to begin with is preferable and they can just go "Well you know from the Hall Of Fame shows that there were other tag team champions before like LOD and the Blackjacks, but its OK to forget the details of who actually won those old belts, because we're not bothered." Which is ironic when you consider who were the first SmackDown/"WWE tag team champions."

• Paid Members

OK, lovely...cheers. I volunteered to take my mates son to his first wrestling show this weekend only to find out the promoter pulled it on the night (Megaslam Wrestling...arseholes). There's an Allstar show in Stoke this weekend so that looks like a winner.

Edited by Dead Mike

• Paid Members

Vince was called "Vinnie Mac", either by Shawn Michaels messing around in 1995 or by Vince himself acting like a hardcase in 98. Shane O'Mac was a spin off of that I imagine. Shane used to say it all the fucking time when playing Attitude for the PSOne. God he was shit on that.