UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Was there a Crow-related potential lawsuit that made Sting change his paint from this:

hqdefault.jpg

To what he wears now? Always thought this paint and the short hair was a better look.

I think Sting’s paint just gradually transformed from the Crow-like paint above to the more elaborate cheetah-like markings.

Scott Hall gave him the idea for the gimmick. I imagine Real Estate Steve started out with that design and then gradually tweaked it to make it his own.

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Paid Members

Was there a Crow-related potential lawsuit that made Sting change his paint from this:

Yes there was. He was forced to change it. And one day in an airport, Sting saw the January 1997 issue of Rolling Stone, and copied Marilyn Mansons design.

Say what you want about Sting, but this fucker does not mind thieving from someone. Few would go "well I cant use the Crow paint, so I'll just rip-off someone else."

• Paid Members
Say what you want about Sting, but this fucker does not mind thieving from someone.

Real estate really was the ideal sidebar for him.

What was the 1pw show where security were keeping a close eye on these people in the crowd wearing masks (I was sat next to them looking bored) thinking they were someone else only for the real people to jump in the ring and run off with the tag titles?

• Paid Members

I liked when he first went "free agent" and his facepaint was the same shape as his normal style, except it was white, because he was all in black and white. He was the same Sting in appearance, it was just that he was silent and black and white and kept randomly showing up to lamp people. He let his hair get out of control too. It was too long by Starrcade 97, he looked silly.

Not as silly as bunny ears Wolfpack Sting, obviously, which coincided with him not really being main event any more. Main eventers don't do bunny ears. Not so much "lost in the mix" as "lost in the myxomatosis".

Yes there was. He was forced to change it. And one day in an airport, Sting saw the January 1997 issue of Rolling Stone, and copied Marilyn Mansons design.

Say what you want about Sting, but this fucker does not mind thieving from someone. Few would go "well I cant use the Crow paint, so I'll just rip-off someone else."

That's brilliant! It's things like that that make me miss WCW. 

• Moderators

That's brilliant! It's things like that that make me miss WCW. 

Yeah, 1990 had a Beetlejuice rip off called "The Juicer" and the web weaving "Arachnaman".

• Moderators

I own that book!

"Strength, speed, good looks... Terri Power has it all"

*Accompanied by picture of Tori when she had a man jaw and steroid problem*

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I too own that book. Bought it in a discount bookshop on Scarborough seafront in about 1992. Probably the most thumbed-through book I've ever owned. Came across it again last summer when I had to rescue it from a pile that my fiancee had brought BACK from the car boot sale unsold without me knowing.

She'd sold my monster trucks book :(

EDIT: DOUBLE POST

Edited by Big Benny HG

Count me in as another owner of said book.

First time I saw Rick Steiner with a thick perm underneath his headgear, Woman in a business suit with those awesome legs up on a table, and Cactus Jack looking badass stood on a pile of tyres in a scrapyard were among my favourite photos in it.