UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I remember a wrestling show that was supposed to happen at Wembley Arena back in the 1990s, but was cancelled last minute. It featured Axis the Demolisher on the card (Demolition Ax). Anyone recall what promotion this was and who else was supposed to be on the show?

Damn. My only chance to have seen the Fantastics live.

That's quite the eclectic selection of wrestlers they had. I remember being very disappointed when I turned up to the show ticket in hand to find out it had been cancelled. Even more so now I see that line up!

• Paid Members

What's the most protected finisher ever? I was thinking Pedigree or maybe Hogan's leg drop could be contenders but wondered if anybody had actually bothered to work it out.

If you count lucha libre - and why wouldn't you? - the the tombstone, or MARTINETÉ is the answer. It's banned in Mexico, its use (if caught) results in an instant DQ, and it's often a stretcher job.

Have I ever seen photos or videos of Davey Boy Smith carrying Dynamite Kid to the ring when he was too fucked to walk and they dropped the belts to the Harts? I feel like it's in a memory somewhere (curiously from when Sky Sports were showing 1987 episodes of Challenge in the early-00s) but equally I may have made up ever actually seeing it. Ta.

• Awards Moderator

Pre-emptively answering the question, "how long is Hell in a Cell?" because if you pull up the show on the Network it says 4 hours. It doesn't run that long, they have started tacking talk segments on the end.

The real run time for those looking to see how long they have to put aside is: 

3h 16m

Would there be any interest in a Survivor Series match review thread in the style of the Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble ones we've had on the forum before? We could divvy up the 29 shows and pick one match from the one we've been assigned to write about?

I wouldn't mind organising this if enough people were game, just thought it might be a bit of fun in anticipation of this year's event!