UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Where was the actual site of wrestlemania 9? I've just got back from Vegas and was trying to work it out. I know it was on the grounds of Caesars palace hotel. There was a bit of a make shift arena at the front beside the strip which had 2 tiered sections on either side of it but not sure if it looked big enough (although tv can be deceiving),

Ha, I did exactly the same the first time I went to Vegas three years ago. I think they built the arena where Rod Stewart, Celine Dion etc play now, on top of part of the car park.

• Paid Members

Searched around for a WWE Tour thread but no luck so im sticking it here. Got tickets for Raw and Smackdown in Manchester in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice for attending a first tv taping, get there early etc? Also wondering if theres likely to be any other wrestling/wrestling themed stuff happening in Manchester over the few days. Staying about 15 mins from the MEN. Thanks.

Searched around for a WWE Tour thread but no luck so im sticking it here. Got tickets for Raw and Smackdown in Manchester in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice for attending a first tv taping, get there early etc? Also wondering if theres likely to be any other wrestling/wrestling themed stuff happening in Manchester over the few days. Staying about 15 mins from the MEN. Thanks.

Dont worry about getting there early, doors open at 6 but if you get there then its absolute mayhem of people trying to get in. Best bet would be wait till about half 6ish, the initial crowd will be in, it'll still be busy obviously, but not as much of a crush. Eeveryone sort of gathers round the doors to get in. 

RAW will finish around 11, and Smackdown about half 10 usually, so thats worth keeping in mind if you have made any plans etc.

It's decent when the tapings are in Manchester, last time there was wrestling fans everywhere on the Monday aND Tuesday, I can't wait to get back again. As far as I know there isnt really any wrestling related things going on, but there's lots to do in Manchester itself. Not sure if you're a football fan but the football museum is incredible. Spent a good couple hours there last time the tapings were there and probably will be again.

Best place to go pre and post show would be Printworks in the centre ish, cracking little place with loads of bars (bierkeller being my particular favourite). Cole and JBL were in the Hard Rock Cafe after RAW last time as well, so it may be cool to go after the show.

Always a good atmosphere in Manchester at the arena as well, arena isnt massive either so pretty much any seat is a decent view

• Paid Members

Seats are abit crap for raw but good for smackdown. Thanks Doog exactly what I was looking for. Just a few more quick questions if you dont mind as I've never been out in Manchester before. Will the men serve drinks etc during the show and what time will bars etc in manchester typically close in that area. Printworks seems a good shout, product is dire at the minute but going over the sunday to weds and hoping for a good atmosphere.

The arena isn't massive? It's the biggest in the country!

Aye, i guess what I mean is there isnt really a bad seat in the house, it doesnt feel as large as the 02 when you're in there, the nosebleed seats in the 02 are a lot worse than the MEN, looks a decent view from wherever in Manchester.

Seats are abit crap for raw but good for smackdown. Thanks Doog exactly what I was looking for. Just a few more quick questions if you dont mind as I've never been out in Manchester before. Will the men serve drinks etc during the show and what time will bars etc in manchester typically close in that area. Printworks seems a good shout, product is dire at the minute but going over the sunday to weds and hoping for a good atmosphere.

What block are you in for RAW?

No worries thats fine. Aye the MEN will be serving drinks during the show, bars will be open as soon as the doors open up until about half hour before the scheduled end of the tapings.

In that area most bars are open late, it's weird because with some of them (Hard Rock Cafe) its advertised at closing at 11 in the week, but I think it must stay open later when theres events on as it was open after RAW last time and that was about midnight I was there. Bierkeller inside Printworks is advertised as open till 'late' as welll, so i guess it depends on demand. In regards to Manchester in general though you will get the late night bars around that area, it's a good city.

Personally I've been to the last few tapings over the past few years and the most I enjoyed over the 2 days was Manchester, so much to do and it's all relatively close together, and always seems a special atmosphere there as well for some reason. 

I just use my debit card. You'll get three charges, one listed as NJPW World (£5.52 this month) and there's another one listed as 'NON-STG PURCH FEE' which was £1.50 this month and the last is listed as 'NON-STG TRANS FEE' which was 15p, so this month it cost a grand total of £7.17

Edited by WyattSheepMask