UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

The 2005 one with Trips/Batista/Orton/MurderDeathKill/Jericho/Edge with HBK as ref.

If I had to watch one, it might very well be this one. Lots of good action and the HHH/Orton/Batista story running through it is great. Hot crowd too.

If I remember rightly the crowd were insane for this match, doing the countdown in Spanish and just generally being wild for everything. The match is a part of one of the best executed angles in the last 10 + years.

What was the deal with them having a PPV in Puerto Rico? Did they ever return, even for TV?

Just house shows.

• Paid Members

Vince and co fancied a new year's break.

Can't imagine there was much break between New Year and planning the PPV for the 9th?

Why didn't Lex Luger win the title at Summerslam '93? It baffles me that he only got a countout win after the push he got, as well as all the trouble that went into the Lex Express push. The fact they dropped the balloons from the ceiling was crazier still, as though he'd climbed this huge mountain and reached the peak when he'd won nothing. The only things I can think of is the thinking Lex would be a massive failure, or they didn't want to change the title any more that year.

Are there any details published on Undertaker's current deal? He now does one match a year, and maybe an extra two appearances - is he still on full-time money?

• Paid Members

They thought the big babyface winning the title should be saved for WrestleMania. Like Hogan used to win at WrestleMania.

If the decision to go with Bret Hart at Wrestlemania 10 was based solely that one match (Bret's book seems to suggest it does) it seems cray to think that Vince let the reaction of the one finish to one match in front of one crowd define his plan for the biggest event of the year and in many ways the direction of his product into the future.

Its like the crowd in (quickly Googles...) Providence, Rhode Island that night were unknowingly charged with electing the WWF's figurehead for the 'New Generation' era at the precise moment when they were prompted to (the end of the Rumble match when the referees raised each man's hand).

Butterfly Effect anyone?

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

Wyatt's asking if anyone knows when the question was first raised "Is Luger really up for this" which prompted the company to put the people of Rhode Island on the spot in that manner in the first place.

For the most blatant example ever at the time of literally asking your live audience "who do you like" then the people attending the Royal Rumble, the event that shapes WrestleMania, are the right people to ask. But don't forget, on TV they ran a phone vote for fans to ring in and vote for who they thought deserved the title shot at Mania X, ahead of old scapegoat Tunney deciding both should get one, and the coin toss. They'll have used the (actual) results of that vote to judge the Mania plans on too, not just the noise in Providence that night.

Wyatt's asking if anyone knows when the question was first raised "Is Luger really up for this" which prompted the company to put the people of Rhode Island on the spot in that manner in the first place.

For the most blatant example ever at the time of literally asking your live audience "who do you like" then the people attending the Royal Rumble, the event that shapes WrestleMania, are the right people to ask. But don't forget, on TV they ran a phone vote for fans to ring in and vote for who they thought deserved the title shot at Mania X, ahead of old scapegoat Tunney deciding both should get one, and the coin toss. They'll have used the (actual) results of that vote to judge the Mania plans on too, not just the noise in Providence that night.

I wasn't aware of that as I was only 2 at the time! I suppose it does make sense, and in some ways nothing's changed to this today if you consider the fans rejection of Batista and Roman Reigns leading to Wrestlemania plans being changed in the past two years.

Does anyone know what episode(s) it is where Steiner thinks Main Event Mafia is still together? I remember the part particularly where he is trying to get his tights stitched. It's a skit with Foley.

Or a video link to the skit would suffice.

• Paid Members

I've just noticed there's a UK Ninja Warrior, anyone spotted any wrestlers on there?

Wrestlers usually appear on shows like this but haven't seen any on the couple of episodes I've watched. I did spot UK female MMA fighter Rosi Sexton though.

• Paid Members

I saw one in the heats but didn't recognise him. They did a montage of people dressed funny during the final and there looked to be a few more in there who weren't featured on the show. One guy in trunks with a tattoo on his back and a masked guy.