UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I'm watching a WWF August 1991 video on YouTube, and it's got the Warrior/Hogan vs Slaughter & co feud in the build to SummerSlam, but also the Warrior/Jake/Undertaker storyline. I'm confused by it for the following reasons:

1) This was when I started watching, and while I remember the Sid Justice introduction and "call it down the middle" stuff, I don't recall seeing any of the Jake teaching Warrior stuff until years later. I only read about it in the magazine. Was that stuff actually broadcast in August, on the same episodes as the SummerSlam tag build? I know Warrior/Taker was a house show feud, it just seems like Warrior must have been all over the TV if both of these were running at the same time.

2) Warrior's got completely different hair in the scenes with Jake compared to his promos with Hogan - was the Jake stuff filmed months earlier?

1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

2) Warrior's got completely different hair in the scenes with Jake compared to his promos with Hogan - was the Jake stuff filmed months earlier?

Maybe this was around the time the second Warrior was being phased in?

On 2/19/2020 at 11:16 AM, King Pitcos said:

Zack Ryder has won the tag and IC titles at WrestleMania. Has anyone ever done the full WrestleMania triple crown?

There are a couple of others who come close - Yokozuna has done the world title and tag title combo, Randy Savage did the WWF and IC title, but admittedly it's unlikely either of them will manage to nab the third title at this point.

31 minutes ago, Grecian said:

There are a couple of others who come close - Yokozuna has done the world title and tag title combo, Randy Savage did the WWF and IC title, but admittedly it's unlikely either of them will manage to nab the third title at this point.

Macho never won the IC at a WrestleMania, did he?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

I'm watching a WWF August 1991 video on YouTube, and it's got the Warrior/Hogan vs Slaughter & co feud in the build to SummerSlam, but also the Warrior/Jake/Undertaker storyline. I'm confused by it for the following reasons:

1) This was when I started watching, and while I remember the Sid Justice introduction and "call it down the middle" stuff, I don't recall seeing any of the Jake teaching Warrior stuff until years later. I only read about it in the magazine. Was that stuff actually broadcast in August, on the same episodes as the SummerSlam tag build? I know Warrior/Taker was a house show feud, it just seems like Warrior must have been all over the TV if both of these were running at the same time.

You've got to think it was filmed just after the Undertaker coffin angle. They were always on the road back then, so stuff had to be done in advance. It looked to me that they were building up a Jake/Undertaker vs Hogan/Warrior program during that period. Maybe they'd have done that at Survivor Series and held off the Undertaker vs Hogan match until Royal Rumble. Actually Warrior and Hogan vs Snakey Jake and the Undertaker would have been quite a decent main event for Tuesday in Texas.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

You've got to think it was filmed just after the Undertaker coffin angle. They were always on the road back then, so stuff had to be done in advance. It looked to me that they were building up a Jake/Undertaker vs Hogan/Warrior program during that period. Maybe they'd have done that at Survivor Series and held off the Undertaker vs Hogan match until Royal Rumble. Actually Warrior and Hogan vs Snakey Jake and the Undertaker would have been quite a decent main event for Tuesday in Texas.

7 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

But then you’ve got Macho Man vs Jake at the same time - which stemmed from Jake not being invited to the stag do? It’s mad how intermingled and messy the top storylines are. Watching these segments, the SummerSlam main event seems like an afterthought. The only story there is how big Sid Justice is. Warrior’s got his own shit going on with the dark side, and Hogan’s being trolled by Bobby Heenan about a different belt.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

But then you’ve got Macho Man vs Jake at the same time - which stemmed from Jake not being invited to the stag do? It’s mad how intermingled and messy the top storylines are. Watching these segments, the SummerSlam main event seems like an afterthought. The only story there is how big Sid Justice is. Warrior’s got his own shit going on with the dark side, and Hogan’s being trolled by Bobby Heenan about a different belt.

1991 was when they turned up the madness of the storytelling. It wasnt "Earthquake sits on Hogan" anymore. People getting buried alive, snakes biting arms, Hogan's face getting burned by a war criminal, Damien getting murdered and eaten, women getting slapped. Business was on the steady decline after the Warrior won the belt and there was loads of stuff they were trying. Even Sherri sucking the Warrior's cock in front of my Mam and Dad was a bit much when I was a kid.

Thinking back, going from the big angles being Mr Perfect smashing the belt up and Dusty's black lass being bought a fur coat, to the following year all that stuff previously mentioned, the WWF went a bit mental didnt it?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
On 2/22/2020 at 6:51 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Thinking back, going from the big angles being Mr Perfect smashing the belt up and Dusty's black lass being bought a fur coat, to the following year all that stuff previously mentioned, the WWF went a bit mental didnt it?

It didn't stop then either. Early 1992 saw the Berzerker try to kill the Undertaker by stabbing him with a sword, Papa Shango making goo come out of orifices everywhere and putting a jobber's feet on fire. Even the barber shop window stuff was more vicious than most anything else at the time.

tumblr_pvsxmg2sTu1sj4xr4o1_400.gifv

Edited by garynysmon

Talk of "foreign" factions in the random/quirky images thread got me wondering: has there ever been a viking stable called the Four Norsemen?

Legally it'd easier to get away with than a quartet of blokes who've lost their voice, at least.