The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Awards Moderator
15 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Seeing as it's Halloween season, I've written a new longform article some of you might like. It's about my favourite Fortean topic, Loch Ness, and takes in Aleister Crowley, my most beloved, forgotten Nessie sighting of all time, and a mortifying admission of fandom. Here it is.

Superb read Astro, will share it as far and wide as I can. I for one would contribute to that Kickstarter, and hope that Britcom about the Bureau happens! Eddie Redmayne to play Witchell?

The first time I had sleep paralysis was terrifying. Old hag approaching me and I couldn't move or scream. I let out a whimper afterwards and went back to sleep.

I've also had a few panic attacks. One was so bad an ambulance had to be called.

I had my first one after reading the bit in American Psycho where he kills the homeless guy.

My dad swears he walked a fairy path when he was younger and ended up miles from where he was, unable to account for lost time, but I think he was pissed at the time TBH.

I don't believe in ghosts or aliens or any of that malarkey.

I do believe in a form of reincarnation; what kind of reincarnation terrifies me.

Edited by NoUseforaUsername

This isn't supernatural or paranormal but twice in the last week we have seen handprints on our back window and door. Like of big hands (gloves) which has freaked me out a little as it suggests someone is trying to look/break into our house.

Not helped by hearing noises in and around the house like we are being watched. We live in a little village which is usually safe and trouble free so things like this shouldn't happen. 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Found it:

I’ve since spoken to my ex girlfriend about this, and was quite nervous about doing so. I was convinced I’d embellished the story in my own mind over the years, as it did happen almost 20 years ago, but she remembered it and recounted the event pretty much as I’d written on here.

Still get a chill thinking about it.

Five-star shittypants story. Halloween gold.

10 minutes ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

My dad swears he walked a fairy path when he was younger and ended up miles from where he was, unable to account for lost time, but I think he was pissed at the time TBH.

:D As the trading of spooky stories has a Halloween amnesty with no mockery allowed, I think fairies would be the thing I'd least be surprised about being discovered as real, out of all the weird shit out there.

I've just remembered I do have a story.

Earlier in the year, my auntie was babysitting my cousin's 3-year-old. She was in the kitchen, and he was in the hallway, a couple of feet away, with the dog. My auntie heard a woman's  voice coming from the hall, loudly saying "Don't go out there," and went out there to find the boy had opened the front door, and the dog was standing on the front step, blocking his exit into the street. There was nobody else there, and no rational explanation for how a voice would be heard in the hall, apparently trying to warn the kid.

Weirdly, the voice part got ignored when this was discussed, with the focus being on the fact the dog traded off the fear of getting in trouble for going outside with protecting the boy and stopping him from leaving, although my family are all Christians, so it's not like I can be all "REMEMBER THAT GHOST VOICE?!"

4 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Earlier in the year, my auntie was babysitting my cousin's 3-year-old. She was in the kitchen, and he was in the hallway, a couple of feet away, with the dog. My auntie heard a woman's  voice coming from the hall, loudly saying "Don't go out there," and went out there to find the boy had opened the front door, and the dog was standing on the front step, blocking his exit into the street. There was nobody else there, and no rational explanation for how a voice would be heard in the hall, apparently trying to warn the kid.

Weirdly, the voice part got ignored when this was discussed, with the focus being on the fact the dog traded off the fear of getting in trouble for going outside with protecting the boy and stopping him from leaving, although my family are all Christians, so it's not like I can be all "REMEMBER THAT GHOST VOICE?!"

I was reading that thinking you all thought you had a Talking Dog on your hands until the last part

Sleep paralysis is creepy, there's old illustrations of demons sitting on people but there's now a more modern scientific explanation that its the body still in its sleep state and not fully awake. The feeling usually passes after a few minutes or so.

As for ghost/scary stories nothing particularly scary but

Seeing briefly a few times/sensing the presence of someone who had sadly killed them self near a river

Seeing cars which have vanished, in three different locations

Seeing a really tall apparition in a door way which then and this was creepy looked me right in my face and woke me up like it was trying to scare me. Might have been sleep paralysis related though

If I can remember more I'll add them