Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Just watched Davey Boy Smith's Return to the WWF on the 09.09.1999 Episode of SmackDown and got to say what a tough cunt Davey looked. He comes out wearing boots, jeans and a grey hoody. He looks like some bastard you'd see in outside a rough local pub looking to batter anybody. I know Davey always looks like a tough bastard but this has to be one of the most intimidating I think he's looked.

Is this when he gave Al Snow the Hardcore title because he "deserves it"? It was interesting seeing Bulldog and Bossman duke it out at that time, in re-booted versions of their characters from 8 years earlier.

• Paid Members

While looking for that picture above, I realised every photo of Davey Boy Smith seems to have some kind of social awkwardness. This picture example. Bret and Owen are taking in the sights of Kuwait in the helicopter on a 1997 WWF tour, while Davey Boy is still trying to get his seat belt on.

164783_487367429502_5977773_n.jpg

"How the fook do I get this t'work?"

I just imagine they've been in the air for a good 20 minutes with the Bulldog going "ITS FOOKIN' USELESS, THIS!"

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Awards Moderator

Just been playing about on the WWE page on Sporcle, and had a go at the 'Dolph Ziggler PPV Opponents' quiz. From this, I learned that, in various kinds of matches, he has faced Kofi Kingston on PPV 15 times. I always think Pitcos has a point when he talks about endless rematches - this has served to confirm that thought. 15 times!