What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Do we know what the woman said on Twitter? I can't see it published anywhere, which isn't surprising.

This is a very strange situation to digest and form an opinion of. I'm certainly no advocate of the McCanns, but I think this can help flag how much of a problem internet trolling is. It's become significantly worse over the past year from my experience. You only need to look at a Tweet from somebody relatively famous and see that regardless of what they have said, there will be a large percentage of vile comments left. I'm not talking banter, constructive criticism or even healthy debating- just pure spiteful comments full of resentment.

The guy got Barry Chuckle to retweet a pic of Chris Benoit the other week managed to get Billy Ray Cyrus to retweet a pic of Jimmy Saville. Now I'm pretty much of the opinion that BRC is a bit of a bumpkin anyway, but does this guy really have nothing better to do?

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Just catching up with 24: Live Another Day, was stoked when I saw one of the arms dealer's henchmen is...

Trevor! And he's beating up women again!

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

Was Most Haunted ever good? Working on an episode at the moment and I've never really watched it before. They're wandering around this house, talking to the air and jumping at every random noise they hear. Also, a ghost apparently just threw a door handle at them.

• Paid Members

I used to love watching the Most Haunted live shows purely for the Derek Acorah "possessions". You knew shit was about to go down when he started saying "What was that Sam? Who is it Sam? SAM?". The next minute he would be rocking his head back and forth and start shouting in a weird voice (always the same voice though?). Then once he got it out of his system it would cut back to the studio, where the sceptic would be sat next to the presenter with his head in his hands as he asked to explain how he can be a non-beliver after what we had just witnessed

• Moderators

Was Most Haunted ever good? Working on an episode at the moment and I've never really watched it before. They're wandering around this house, talking to the air and jumping at every random noise they hear. Also, a ghost apparently just threw a door handle at them.

Funny you should ask.

The most interesting thing about Most Haunted is Astro's piece on it in his Smoke & Mirrors book, and you don't need to have watched it to enjoy the write up.

Don't waste your time. Let him watch that shite and tell us about it!

I concur! But yeah, it did used to be interesting, back in the day. The behind the scenes stuff was 1,000 times more exciting though, with Derek and Yvette eventually getting into a full-blown war, which manifested onscreen, and led to one of the most amazing things that ever aired on TV (if you knew the backstory).

The new series is garbage though. I managed one episode, but it's regressed so far they're caught having to make a story out of literally nothing. The kinds of obvious creaks all floorboards make are all they've got to work with now, especially as they've done away with psychics, and it's all a rather pathetic comedown from their heyday, which was -- honestly -- genuinely great TV in a thoroughly non-ironic way. Half the story of the show (and the piece in the book) is how they had to continually up the stakes until they were so far from the original premise, Yvette Fielding off Blue Peter was literally trying to summon the Devil. Now they're back to the low-fi approach of the first season, but with 12 years of history behind them, they're having to make a meal out of nothing.

Might as well take my disgusting whoring to full-whore levels, as you won't find the history of Most Haunted, on and offscreen, written about anywhere else.

maN5ktx.jpg

Here it is, for £2.99

And if you don't have a Kindle, here's the free app for phones, computers and tablets

• Paid Members

It was more like Dungeon of Doom era WCW. It was just stupid. They were in a theatre that's still in operation (and so has electricity), but were still fumbling around in the dark with torches and "Ooh, what was that?" and "Did you hear that?" at every bit of nothing that happened.

If it were a ghost tour, everyone would have fucked off by now and left the tour guide twatting about by himself.