Sign in to follow this  
CaptainCharisma

General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

11 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

He has a decent stand-up special from way back when, though admittedly I haven't watched it in more than ten years, so it might not have aged well.

Between Two Ferns was good fun, though. I'll always remember him asking Hillary Clinton, "do you ever look at what Donald Trump is doing and think to yourself, 'well, I could afford to be a little more racist"?.

obviously, it doesn't work now but when he interviewed Brad Pitt he asked him if he was ever able to get a suntan due to the fact he was always in his wives shadow. I only found out yesterday that Scott Auckerman co-created and produces it (and has directed the film) which makes a lot of sense if you know Comedy Bang Bang

I hate his stand-up but I haven't been exposed much to his acting. His voice work on Missing Link was great though. But I watched the trailer for that and it looks like it could be a good laugh although his name mispronunciation bit is just stolen wholesale from Tim Heidecker.

39 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I hate his stand-up but I haven't been exposed much to his acting. His voice work on Missing Link was great though. But I watched the trailer for that and it looks like it could be a good laugh although his name mispronunciation bit is just stolen wholesale from Tim Heidecker.

He's being doing bits and pieces with Tim and Eric since Tom goes to the Mayor. Also that is something Scott Auckerman does a lot so I suppose it must be their thing. It's Netflix, it's under 2 hours, I will happily watch, especially with that supporting cast.

5 hours ago, BomberPat said:

He has a decent stand-up special from way back when, though admittedly I haven't watched it in more than ten years, so it might not have aged well.

Between Two Ferns was good fun, though. I'll always remember him asking Hillary Clinton, "do you ever look at what Donald Trump is doing and think to yourself, 'well, I could afford to be a little more racist"?.

I really enjoyed his Live at The Purple Onion stand up show. 

I watched a few episodes of his TV show Baskets on a plane a few years back and liked it. I should go back and watch them all. 

I don't have high hopes after that. The trailer is a right mess.

What the fuck has happened to Martin Lawrence's face???

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

What the fuck has happened to Martin Lawrence's face???

It’s just fatter. 

Thats one of the worst cut trailers I have ever seen. Just random scenes, music doesn’t match the visuals. An absolute mess

Everyone shut the fuck up. Something important is happening. The first film of the On Cinema At the Cinema canon has released it's trailer. I was personally hoping for a 4 hour documentary about the Victorville Film Archive but it'll do. Extra points for Gregg Turkington wearing a popcorn classic promotional cap. 

I give it 5 bags of popcorn and a sequel which is a documentary about the VFA

So fucking hyped for this though. 

Edited by PowerButchi

Fuck, I got to power through the rest of On Cinema and the trial of Tim Heidecker now before this comes out.

I know it is not as exciting as anything On Cinema related, but I cannot wait for this

Well, both should be better then Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie so that's a plus.