General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Watched Me and Earl and the Dying Girl last week after a recommendation from a friend based off its Sundance success. My film of the year so far, absolutely stunning work throughout. Probably not for everyone, falls into the Fault In Our Stars depressing story for teens narrative, but I really loved it.

Speaking of TFIOS, saw Paper Towns the day before the film above, absolute let down considering the money and press they put into it. Cara's not such a bad actress, but a lot of the direction just fell super flat, they tried to put too much of their own spin on it too.

• 2 weeks later...

Never, ever thought I'd say anything positive pertaining to anything that Sam Smith puts out, but the theme tune for Spectre is lovely.

But this is even better. And to think a fan did this:

The fan made theme is good, but the Sam Smith Spectre theme I am really not sure about. Parts of it are fine (never great or anything), but when it gets to the chorus and it sounds like someone has kicked him in the balls it just sounds awful. It might grow on me the more I hear it, but it does't do much for me after a couple of listens.

• Paid Members

Never, ever thought I'd say anything positive pertaining to anything that Sam Smith puts out, but the theme tune for Spectre is lovely.

But this is even better. And to think a fan did this:

The fan made theme is good, but the Sam Smith Spectre theme I am really not sure about. Parts of it are fine (never great or anything), but when it gets to the chorus and it sounds like someone has kicked him in the balls it just sounds awful. It might grow on me the more I hear it, but it does't do much for me after a couple of listens.

I preferred the original version of Writings on the wall when it was called earth song!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

You'd think Luke Skywalker would be somewhere on that poster.

He is one of the stormtroopers

Seriously though, people strongly think Han will not survive this film (Ford wanted out after IV don't forget) so we may not have a Luke reveal until late on in the film. Or he could be playing a masked character we haven't seen yet.