General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

I've always been fond of these...

This is better than the movie in some peoples eyes..

This one is a proper gem. Try and work out what type of movie it is and whos's in it from this...

Saw this one actually at the cinema..

The T2 one is so freaking good. I always dreamt of what it must have been like to see that at the time. Especially as back then you might not have any freaking idea T2 was coming. It would give you chills I tells ya.

EDIT - I've never seen these 2 before. This could be quite the rabbit hole...

Edited by DEF

Was Toys that bad? I've never re-watched it but I remember thinking it was shit when I was a kid watching it in the local serial killer's cinema but I've always thought it'd probably have a Waterworld type quality if I watched it now.

A Star Wars spin-off film will tell the back story of space smuggler Han Solo, Disney has announced.

The new movie is to be directed by Christopher Miller and Phil Lord, the men behind the hugely successful Lego movie.

The charismatic criminal turned Rebellion hero returns in Star Wars' next instalment: The Force Awakens this Christmas.

Actor Harrison Ford last played Solo in 1983's Return of the Jedi.

No details or casting have been yet been announced but the Hollywood Reporter said the script would be written by father and son team Lawrence and Jon Kasdan.

The senior Kasdan co-wrote The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, the latter with director JJ Abrams.

There was a huge excitement in the fan community earlier this year when an extended trailer for the new film featured a brief appearance of Solo and his Millennium Falcon co-pilot Chewbacca, appearing to be on the deck of his famous spaceship, uttering the words, "Chewie, we're home..."

The untitled Han Solo project is scheduled to be released on 25 May 2018.

It follows the first stand-alone Star Wars anthology film Rogue One, which is due next year.

Source: BBC News

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Is it too late to turn Nathan Fillion in to the new Harrison Ford?

Pratt should steer clear. He'll probably get his own Indiana Jones style adventurer spin off from Jurassic World (not seen it so that's no spoiler) and Starlord is basically the modern Han Solo.

• Paid Members

Taron Egerton (the young bloke from the Kingsman film) is the guy that's already getting rumoured for the Han Solo movie. Uninspiring.

Agreed it’s uninspiring but interesting that they’re going to have to cast someone who’s actually pretty young. Harrison Ford was 35 when Star Wars came out. This spin off is a couple of years away & I’d assume it’s going to be set a good few years before ‘A New Hope’? Chris Pratt is 36 now!

I’d guess they’ll settle on relative unknown in their early 20’s so they’ve got the option for more Han Solo adventures should this perform well?