General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

Yeah, there is no reason it has to be set in 2015. Just as long as it was set after the last Rocky film. How old was Rocky in that?

It would make sense if it was set just after the Mason Dixon fight, Rockys name would be everywhere and could kindle some interest from Adonis, clips of his father are surely gonna be played in the media.

Was watching the two best Rocky's last week and it struck me as odd that they decided to follow number 4 up with the mythical beast known as Rocky 5.

Why bring a franchise back so you can end it so miserably. Oh look, Rocky just defeated the hardest man ever and avenged his friends death but now he's a cabbage and has no money and lives in the shit hole from number 1. With the exception of The Measure of a man, that film was a write off before it was even shot.

I imagine he had a fuck load of money to do Balboa as well but that wasn't so fucking depressing.

Anyway, Creed has a fighting chance of being decent. Warrior is a cracking Rocky homage and Creed will have the advantage of having actual Rocky in it. Tony Bellew is the baddie though so it'll probably be more like the last one than 3 or 4.

Was watching the two best Rocky's last week and it struck me as odd that they decided to follow number 4 up with the mythical beast known as Rocky 5.

Why bring a franchise back so you can end it so miserably. Oh look, Rocky just defeated the hardest man ever and avenged his friends death but now he's a cabbage and has no money and lives in the shit hole from number 1. With the exception of The Measure of a man, that film was a write off before it was even shot.

Rocky moved back into the house he bought in Rocky II, but compared to the mansion he lived in Rocky III and IV it did look like a shit hole.

The thing about Rocky Balboa was, to me it felt to much like i was watching Slyvester Stallone instead of Rocky. I never got that with the first 5. I actually really enjoy Rocky 5. If they had have had a boxing match at the end instead of a streetfight it would have been a worthy effort. I know its not for everyone though.

Creed looks like a cross between Rocky Balboa and Rocky 5 to me. Will give it a watch though.

• Paid Members

Rocky Balboa may be my favourite. It is far far better than it has any right to be. The perfect blend of nostalgia, sentimentality, guts and glory. It has superb rewatchabilty.

My fist clenched up through the training montage then the fight in Rocky balboa. Anyone who says its shit hasn't seen it or is just a joyless cunt