General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

It is! Good lad, cheers

Arrow have released a Blu-ray of Remo Williams and it has a great feature length doc on 80s action movies in the special features.

• Paid Members

I was actually watching the Ray Harryhausen documentary the other day ( it's great if you're a fan of his by the way) and amongst the talking heads is Dennis Muren, who is probably one of the most important names in effects ever, and he raises this very point, using Jurassic Park as an example. Well worth a watch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

As a tremendous fan of the original since I saw it in the flicks at the wee age of 12 and about a million subsequent viewings (and it’s poster adorning one of the walls of my bedroom), this has just sank my soul to the pits of my bollox.

The CGI is hilarious. The surfing at 1:16 is reminiscent of Father Larry Duff on the ski slopes.

I really wanted to like it, as I’m all for remakes and reboots of certain flicks, but to be fair, Point Break has already been remade in a sense with the F&F franchise.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

Meh The Fast and the Furious is already as good a remake of Point Break as your gonna get. To be honest I'm in the minority hear but Point Break never really did much for me. The action is mediocre and its just a bit of a bore really.

• Paid Members

I was actually watching the Ray Harryhausen documentary the other day ( it's great if you're a fan of his by the way) and amongst the talking heads is Dennis Muren, who is probably one of the most important names in effects ever, and he raises this very point, using Jurassic Park as an example. Well worth a watch.

Anyone here ever seen Equinox? What a mental film, but the effects are incredible for a cheapo project.