General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

Not a religious person at all, but those crucifix lightsabres look fecking weird. What was the point in changing something successful?

I've read a theory that the crossguard would prevent one getting their hand chopped off in the same way as has happened a few times previously. Of course, that negates the fact that you can get injured far worse in several different ways.

According to rumours it's one of the first ever constructed lightsabers by the Sith hence the flakey unstable laser beam and also the crossguard parts are exhaust vents apparently.

The character holding it has been referred to as a Grave Digger/Collector who is fascinated by the Sith and collects historical artefacts.

This is all just rumour remember.

• Paid Members

Well, I for one, am ludicrously excited now! Darn near drownded my undercrackers...

This will be my Graceland, sirs.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/12/04/ryan-reynolds-to-return-as-deadpool

After watching the test footage a while back I couldn't help but think that a full film of that character in the lead would get super annoying after about 10 minutes once the novelty of seeing him realised on the big screen had worn off.

• Paid Members

You beat me to it mate, was just coming in here to ask the same thing.  It's very, very vague, and the lack of Arnie in it is either deliberate, to whet our appetite for the return of the iconic Terminator, or means it'll be an Expendables-esque extended cameo with lots of other stuff going on.

Was pleasantly surprised to see the T-1000 in there, and i'm bent for the scenes where they are re-visiting events from the original (or so it appears), so if this is going in the direction of Back to the Future style revisit and change stuff we've already seen happen once, then i'm fully on board.

• Paid Members

The Terminator is my all time favourite film and T2 is the best sequel ever. The last two were so bad though it's made me cautious of the new one. I have to admit I have no idea what I would like to see in a new Terminator film and regoing over what happened in the first one could be good or terrible. I would really like it to be good but I won't get my hopes up and it's going to be weird seeing so many characters recast.

You beat me to it mate, was just coming in here to ask the same thing.  It's very, very vague, and the lack of Arnie in it is either deliberate, to whet our appetite for the return of the iconic Terminator, or means it'll be an Expendables-esque extended cameo with lots of other stuff going on.

Was pleasantly surprised to see the T-1000 in there, and i'm bent for the scenes where they are re-visiting events from the original (or so it appears), so if this is going in the direction of Back to the Future style revisit and change stuff we've already seen happen once, then i'm fully on board.

It looks like we get two T-1000s in the film:  glimpses of the original one from the first film (done with a body double and some CGI) and then another T-1000 sent right back to when Sarah was a kid, who starts off as a CGI/body double and then ages.... giving us old Arnie playing that T-1000 now.

Which is actually really, really clever.  It also looks like what they've done is "reboot" the story by having something happen BEFORE the events of the first film which have now fucked up the timeline.

At this point though, who knows whether either T3 or T:Salvation are considered canon.  Or the tv series for that matter.