General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members

Steve Coogan and John C Reilly are set to play Laurel and Hardy-

The film focuses on an ill fated tour of half empty variety halls late into their career when Oliver Hardy was in poor health. Sounds like it could be great or really dull.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/40894/coogan-reilly-to-play-laurel-and-hardy

Edited by Call me Bellend

• Paid Members

Star Wars:Episode VIII has been delayed until Christmas 2017, supposedly due to script rewrites

Id be shocked if they haven't just shifted it to December after how much money the last one made in that slot and to avoid competing with quite a full few months (Fast8, Guardians Of The Galaxy 2, Pirates Of The Caribbean, Wonder Woman, Spider-man and Planet Of The Apes)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Watched three films recently (got them handed over to me by some oddball at work). Eden Lake, Martyrs (2008 frenchy version) and King of the Ants. The fucks this lads problem?

King of the Ants was pretty cool. Although, after Daniel Bryan's retirement the scenes of a gang trying to cause brain trauma to the hero with a golf club is unsettling. I do like a good revenge story, though.

Eden Lake was pretty shit to me honest. Grim as fuck, very full on but the ending was like getting a flop on as soon as your missus walks in the room. Underwhelming as all fuck. Reminded me of an old WCW show, where its all action until Hogan and Piper walk out at the end.

Martyrs has put me off sausage and beans for life. One of my favourite films is Texas Chain Saw Massacre. I'm generally all about the suspense and the suggestiveness of horror. This is so extreme. Skinnings, torture, violences from start to finish, the lot. It was a bit to much for a Friday evening.

So basically, if this lad offers me any film which doesnt have the words "Ernest Goes To ..." in the title, he can fuck off.

• 3 weeks later...