Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My ears pop really bad whenever I fly and I've got one ear I'm more or less still deaf in since being on a flight around 48 hours ago. Anyone have any tips on getting it to be normal again? Doesn't matter how hard I hold my nose and blow, it won't pop.

• Paid Members

Stick a cotton bud in there and have a good dig

This is the worst thing you could do.

I've had the same problem after flying, its just a waiting game unfortunately.

• Paid Members

Anyone have any tips on getting it to be normal again? Doesn't matter how hard I hold my nose and blow, it won't pop.

Got any hard sweets? Try sucking on them for a while. It sounds stupid but that's helped make my ears 'pop' back into life during/after a flight a few times.

• Paid Members

I'm after a frame for a 7" vinyl single, I've been left with a spare when putting a little thing together for my lounge wall.

The only one I can find is on amazon and a bit pricey.

Does anyone know where I can find one at a good price?

• Paid Members

Thanks lads, I'll check out home bargains today and B&M and some similar Monday.

That webshop is going to be a boon.

I'm trying to get the new house homely with more stuff on the walls.

Not having a wife and kids putting photos out would be weird, and being on a budget I'm framing up inherited curios';

Old sea front saucy postcards

A run of old Guinness postcards

A small coin collection of commemorative £5's and a hand full of 3rd Reich coins

That sort of thing.

The main one is my news of the world LP. Having it open for the full cover makes an odd size , so I've filled the space with singles which match, or as close as I can afford because a couple of the matching artwork singles seem rare beyond rock you & spread your wings, so went with two highlander ones and two from innuendo to pair things up in the space.

This is why my secret Santa gift on her was so ace, it looks great and went straight on the wall.

I also have no regret in buying the Blackadder The Third opening title prints off Birmingham market end of last year.

• Paid Members

Does anyone know if a farm somewhere offers a "being a farmer for a day" type thing? All my Dad wants to do is drive a tractor round and plough a field. Is this something you can do? Ive googled different things but not having much luck, the only things I can find are ploughing with horses, or a day that involves milking cows and feeding different animals etc which he wouldn't be interested in.

Basically he just wants to drive around in a field all day with a couple of different machines. I live in Berkshire so somewhere in the south of the country would be good.

• Awards Moderator

Does anyone know if a farm somewhere offers a "being a farmer for a day" type thing? All my Dad wants to do is drive a tractor round and plough a field. Is this something you can do? Ive googled different things but not having much luck, the only things I can find are ploughing with horses, or a day that involves milking cows and feeding different animals etc which he wouldn't be interested in.

Basically he just wants to drive around in a field all day with a couple of different machines. I live in Berkshire so somewhere in the south of the country would be good.

To get a certain kind of grant, all English farms have to invite the public on to their land once a year. I know plenty of farms in Essex who participate in this, so enquire at ones local to you. And go in person if you can, they're not usually great answering emails and social etc.

Archived