Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

I know Ed Gein inspired the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Silence Of The Lambs, but I don't think he was all that prolific a killer.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I bloody love IFTTT.

I'd suggest maybe setting up an IFTTT recipe to have it send you a Twitter message instead of an SMS, cheaper that way.

If you caught your boss going through your computer at work and making copies of your personal information stored on there, would there be any legal action you could take? Or is it a bit of a grey area because of the machine being owned by the company?

If you caught your boss going through your computer at work and making copies of your personal information stored on there, would there be any legal action you could take? Or is it a bit of a grey area because of the machine being owned by the company?

If they were to share any personal information, that's a breach of the Data Protection Act

• Paid Members

In England what is the difference between a same-sex marriage and a civil union? Does one grant different rights than the other?

It dawned on me that despite the debate that went on a while back, I don't know the difference.

• Paid Members

I'm filling out an equal opportunities form and under sexual orientation it list gay man, bisexual, gay woman / lesbian and heterosexual / straight.

Is it just me, or is the use of gay man rather than homosexual, and the term straight being in there a bit odd?

The form also asks for gender in another question, so the need to put in gay man and gay woman seems a little superfluous.

I'm filling out an equal opportunities form and under sexual orientation it list gay man, bisexual, gay woman / lesbian and heterosexual / straight.

Is it just me, or is the use of gay man rather than homosexual, and the term straight being in there a bit odd?

The form also asks for gender in another question, so the need to put in gay man and gay woman seems a little superfluous.

Gender and Sexuality are not the same thing is possible to be a straight Transman or a Lesbian Transwoman..Amongst all of the myriad of different combinations of things

• Paid Members

I got in hot water with the HR section of the place I used to work by putting my sexuality as "Chicken Shagger" on a supposedly anonymous form a few years ago.

• Paid Members

Gender and Sexuality are not the same thing is possible to be a straight Transman or a Lesbian Transwoman..Amongst all of the myriad of different combinations of things

So why bring gender into the sexually section at all, is my point.

Why not let you write in your gender under gender, which they have, and you can put any thing you like, transgender included, and under sexuality a box for homosexual, a box for bisexual, a box for heterosexual and so on.

It reads as though you are trying at rebutting my point (ohh err) but the actual point you make supports me, so I'm a bit confused by your post to be fair.

• Paid Members

Could any of the guys who are a whizz with photo editing stuff help me out with a very small project for my son's birthday?

I'll have a bash.

Email what you need to surf_digby@yahoo.co.uk and I'll see what I can do.

Archived