Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

Wordy types, what's an official sounding way of saying that I did my part of the bargain?

In a nutshell, it was agreed that I wouldn't do something, and when I didn't do it (as agreed), it was recorded that I'd failed to do it.

I don't like the use of the word failed, and I'm arguing that as it was agreed that I wouldn't do it, I'd __________ the agreement.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wordy types, what's an official sounding way of saying that I did my part of the bargain?In a nutshell, it was agreed that I wouldn't do something, and when I didn't do it (as agreed), it was recorded that I'd failed to do it.I don't like the use of the word failed, and I'm arguing that as it was agreed that I wouldn't do it, I'd __________ the agreement.

Upheld should do the job.

• Paid Members

Is the thread with the sleaze on Peter Kay still in existence? I'm trying to recall the details of him using the headline act's material on the same show, possibly with him locking himself in a toilet to avoid a kicking.

• Paid Members

My one hip protrudes more than the other and on the same side I get flank pains, intermittent shoulder pains and lately aches in the wrist and knuckles.

I've not had an accident or anything, could it all be bad posture as I'm writing it off as?

I also find it really hard to get it together in a morning, I'm better with a dawn light simulator thing, but still seem to take an age to circle the airport. I try and sleep in 90 min blocks on advice, but if any one has any more I'd be happy to hear it.

My one hip protrudes more than the other and on the same side I get flank pains, intermittent shoulder pains and lately aches in the wrist and knuckles.

I've not had an accident or anything, could it all be bad posture as I'm writing it off as?

I also find it really hard to get it together in a morning, I'm better with a dawn light simulator thing, but still seem to take an age to circle the airport. I try and sleep in 90 min blocks on advice, but if any one has any more I'd be happy to hear it.

Worth checking your Sacroiliac stuff, is probs posture but this are basically what joins hip to spine and a strong core will help immesurably  

• Paid Members

Can anyone recommend some good coffee websites with good selections? I love coffee and would like to expand beyond what is just available in the supermarket. Also, when a website lists the beans "ground, for filter" are they talking about a standard coffee maker? 

• Paid Members

Seeing as you're a Londoner, Riot, you should check out the Algerian Coffee Stores on Old Compton Street. Loads of great stuff there - they even stock Kopi Luak and Jamaican Blue Mountain.

Archived