Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Planning to fuck off for a week in June over my birthday to some warm destination in Europe. If anyone sees anything reasonably priced and decent (talking all inclusive at like £250 per person), shout! Unless I find anything more intriguing, it's going to be Canary Islands, Turkey or Croatia, judging from what I've seen on the usual websites.

Not a question, more of a request.

I've got a song going round in my head and it's starting to spoil my night. I can't think of a single lyric from, but I've got a feeling it might've been used in an advert within the past year. What's worse, I can't work out whether it's an old classic or something recent.

It's a dance track. It goes something like "Ba ba di da di di dum di da di di da". It sounds quite 80ish. 

Sorry for the shite clues but it's all I've got. 

EDIT: JUST FOUND IT. It's https://youtu.be/68ugkg9RePc

Think it's been on a British Gas advert.

EDIT AGAIN: The most ironic thing being I made a note in my phone when I first saw the advert because I knew that would happen, and forgotten I'd written the note. 

So why bring gender into the sexually section at all, is my point.

Why not let you write in your gender under gender, which they have, and you can put any thing you like, transgender included, and under sexuality a box for homosexual, a box for bisexual, a box for heterosexual and so on.

It reads as though you are trying at rebutting my point (ohh err) but the actual point you make supports me, so I'm a bit confused by your post to be fair.

There will be different HR measures for similar but different things depending on the company you are applying for. It's statistics they are after to show they have x number of employees should the need arise.

Agree with what you say as it does twice the work, but was trying to illustrate the point that Gender and Sexuality are different but not always the case for business or statistic collections for companies.

• Paid Members

What's options do I have to watch BT Sport on my TV? I don't have Sky so I can't use that, and I don't fancy airplaying it from my iPad. Are there any alternatives?

BT TV, if you're a BT internet customer. It's basically a Freeview box, but enhanced with additional channels streamed online aswell as on demand services (and PVR capability). Packages start at about a fiver a month (on top of your usual BT phone/net subscription).

What's options do I have to watch BT Sport on my TV? I don't have Sky so I can't use that, and I don't fancy airplaying it from my iPad. Are there any alternatives?

BT TV, if you're a BT internet customer. It's basically a Freeview box, but enhanced with additional channels streamed online aswell as on demand services (and PVR capability). Packages start at about a fiver a month (on top of your usual BT phone/net subscription).

Thanks. Found a BT TV option which is free to add to my current service by the looks of it. £35 activation fee though, so I'll have to think about if that's worth it.

• Awards Moderator

With a chrome cast, does the sound come through your TV speakers or is it just the picture?

Sound and video go through the TV. Your device is left free to do whatever else you want with it.

Archived