Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

I didn't really want to start a new topic for this, so putting it in here.

Does anyone watch anything on Twitch?

I watch some poker streams on there, but I've never delved into anything else on there. Most streams are people playing video games (most of which I've never heard of). Which I would say is bizarre, but the fact I watch poker on there is equally so I imagine.

Some of the streams get into the hundreds of thousands, there's a game called League of Legends (sort of like world of Warcraft, I think) which gets an insane amount of viewers. It's so popular, as is all that sort of stuff.

Just now I decided to check out some Counter Strike competition (never played the game, but was curious) before work and the production levels are great. With real sponsorships behind it.

A lot of the streamers make money through donations and subscriptions, it really is a cool thing when you think about it. Some apparently can make thousands a day in donations.

No wonder why it sold for near a billion dollars, they have a ridiculous amount of active viewers.

Anyone else ever given it a watch? Or does anyone here even stream on there?

I absolutely love Twitch. I don't get much free time, but when I do I always log in to Twitch.

Ive always been a console gamer, so I never venture into the PC streams. I follow a few Destiny players, GTA 5 players, COD players and enjoy watching their streams. Over the months of using Twitch I have also stumbled across other streamers who play games Ive never heard of, but I enjoy their presence / personality and seem to get sucked in when they log in. The more you use it the more you enjoy it. You will start to feel like you "know" the streamers and you even begin to feel at home in the chat room during their streams.

The other day I was watching a stream of someone playing Skyline City or something like that. In one day people had donated over $10,000. ONE DAY. I have no idea if the streamer gets all that or not but some of it must be going his way. Also that's probably quite low compared to the people who stream to 40,000+ viewers each day playing LOL or something similar.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Wondering if anyone can help...for the last few weeks I have been unable to connect to XboxLive and when I try to connect, it says 'cannot connect to your DHCP server'...can any help with this? Have search through google to no avail and opened up my BT Home Hub Manager but no luck there either!!

So, as I am all out of ideas as are the Police and the CAB.. My lovely fluffy bundle of joy ex has been literally stalking me, culminating with a Police call and 'chat' over the fact that I went in 'her' local. I happened to be on a date, and her local is about as far away from mine as it is hers, ie the fucking middle of nowhere, hence I'd thought I'd be safe. (The pub also WASNT EVEN FUCKING BUILT when we were together!) Clearly not. and either she (I didn't see her) or some of her 'flying monkeys' (technical term) have reported it back to her and then her and her mum have gone the police. Excellent. She also knows exactly where I'm moving to and when, which is a bit odd seeing as she cannot see or know that possibly and I havent told anyone that knows her... 

So legal peeps what are my options? Police have said they cannot stop her ringing in or her mum ringing in and them following up, because targets and have to follow up on everything, no matter that they have essays and proof that she is stalking me. I can't get a restraining order because she hasn't been violent or had any charges. Non-molestation order is out for pretty much the same reason. What else can I do?

I've contacted every domestic abuse charity I can think off to see what options there are, but is there anything I'm missing?

Cheers

I did my boss' driving license renewal online before and was a bit fast in cutting his old photo card in two ready to send to the dvla

Only problem is he's doing his motorcycle test next week and he needs to take that with him, will we get away with sellotaping the two halves together? It's still a valid license and he can drive with it but will they take it for his test?

Any help appreciated

• Paid Members

Anyone used Adobe After Effects? I'm looking to up my .gif making skills, and on the side learn a bit more video editing stuff. I'm very attracted by bezier motion paths, which is something that Photoshop is weirdly lacking.

It makes up the bulk of my work so if you need any help on it give me a shout. Or create the often discussed, but never made, Video editing thread. There's a fair few people on here that dabble in it

My family in the UK apparently received a phone call from some "heir hunters" type person, saying our dad's brother died and money to the nieces and nephews. My dad had 2 brothers, one died in 1990, the other in about 1997. It's highly unlikely he had another brother that he never told us about. My sister, who I haven't spoken to in 8 months and who I have no intention of ever speaking to again unless she gets treatment for mental illness, is badgering me to get in touch. The whole thing smells awful fishy to me. Has anyone heard of a scam like this?

Archived