Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Regarding Galahad and Warrington:

Galahad is a bit of a knob. He was apparently the one filming when Saunders taunted that drug addict. But Warrington comes across as a right prick. I hope Galahad somehow springs an upset.

Oh, and the young version of Frank Warren has perhaps the most smackable face in human history.

• Paid Members
On 3/23/2019 at 8:25 AM, Gooner said:

I always enjoy watching Buatsi fight, but what a complete uncompetitive looking card this looks on paper, deserve better for a Saturday night.

it ended up being a decent night.

Buatsi continues to look beastly at Lightheavy. Everyone keeps talking about how he seemingly flips the switch when he fight, because he's a nasty fucker in the ring. Skys the limit.

If we were talking homecooking on the weekend, Lewis Ritson got some. He won a wide point decision but the fight was closer to a draw, Ritson didnt look good but it waw a fun fight. They pushed Ritson up way too soon, hes a victim of his own quick KO success.

Edwards/Moreno was a one sided fight, but it was entertaining, Moreno is a maniac. Im still warming to Edwards, Sky are pushing him hard and he seems a great guy with an amazing story, it hasnt really slotted into place for me yet. That said, this was absolute class from the WBC.

then there Lawrence Okolie who continues to divide opinion unlike any other fighter in the UK, all i know is that he's a handful.

• Paid Members

its gonna be a pretty heated card, the Price/Ali fight stole the press conference but Fowler/Fitzgerald has had some right nasty build up. Smith/Eggington has been quiet but will probably be the best fight on the night. All Brits too.

22 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Oh fuck, didn't realise Price was fighting.  Wish he'd hang up the gloves as it's horrible seeing him get starched.

Genuinely if you fancy Price to get KO’d, you would be wise to bet a coupla quid on His opponent on each round, as it ranges from 40 to 50/1 on each round.

1 hour ago, Porkchopcash said:

Genuinely if you fancy Price to get KO’d, you would be wise to bet a coupla quid on His opponent on each round, as it ranges from 40 to 50/1 on each round.

I don't think he will, but thanks for the tip!  It's just a worry every time he sets foot in the ring that he might not walk out.  It's like when Wanderlei Silva fights.

2 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

Those odds were mad so had to stick 50p on each round 

Fucking LOL. What an absolute shit show from Ali. Indefensible to be honest. I want my £6 back

• Paid Members

Crazy show, Price/Ali was a foul filled mess. I actually thought Kash Ali looked decent for a couple of rounds, i think Price may just bomb him out but Ali looked alright. Ali bit Price 4 times though! 2 were blatant. Im not so sure he was looking for a way out cause he could have just hit the deck, just a guy who lost his head on multiple occasions. Never a dull moment when David Price is involved.

Fowler/Fitzgerald is probably the fight of the year for me so far. This delivered big time. It was fought with the intensity you expected but it never really turned into a brawl, just an evenly matched, brutal boxing match with huge bragging rights at stake. The knockdown in the last round won Fitzy the fight, it would have been a draw without it. There has to be a rematch, a great little domestic rivalry is born.

Smith/Eggington ended up being a bit of an afterthought, a technical mismatch though, Smith just slowly smashed Eggington to pieces. I love me some Sam Eggington but he's found his level.