Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Dave Allen headlining the o2, utter madness. I love The White Rhino though, there's no one else quite like him in the game. To see such a limited fighter of his level headline that arena is a testament to how popular he's become. Good on him.

I think he beats a plodding Browne too, Allen is in the shape of his career.

Expect Chisora/Gashi to be an absolute war too. Gashi is a bit of a loon.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Allen is in the shape of his career.

You mean he will blow up after 2 rounds instead of 1. 

Allen is insanely likeable but him and Lucas Browne has the potential to be dreadful as well as spectacular. Browne is old and slow, Allen has the cardio of a Poundland David Price. 

• Paid Members

Yeah even some of the fights he’s won by knockout have been awful beforehand. Even if he wins this fight against Browne, it’ll only mean he gets a tougher opponent next and I can’t see him going much further no matter how hard he’s trained. 

Just saw this as well. Allen gets about;

F8D2B3BA-FB60-4F53-8BD7-B764971090D5.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

You mean he will blow up after 2 rounds instead of 1. 

Allen is insanely likeable but him and Lucas Browne has the potential to be dreadful as well as spectacular. Browne is old and slow, Allen has the cardio of a Poundland David Price. 

haha, maybe. He's looking pretty good though, Allen's unique honesty has let anyone in on how poorly he's trained in the past, literally a couple of days on the treadmill and then hitting the ring.

Allen/Browne could be terrible though, you aint wrong. Both guys are tough so we could end up seeing two big guys huffing and puffing around the place after a few rounds. Hopefully, its short and sweet.

The winner apparently faces David Price.

dont forget about little scrap going down tomorrow night too (BT Box Office unfortunately):

crawford-khan-poster.jpg

make sure you catch Teofimo Lopez on the undercard, superstar potential that bloke.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I’ll be very surprised if Crawford doesn’t win handily. Probably a late stoppage if not a clear decision. I can see Khan maybe having some success in the early rounds due to his speed and Crawford taking a few rounds to figure him out but I can only see one winner. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

What’s the consensus on Crawford? Worth a few quid?

not at 1/12, unless you got more than a few quid. Crawford is one of the p4p best boxers on the planet.

a decent double is Gashi/Browne in a real o2 dampener at 16/1. It pains me to bet against Dave Allen but i like money.

Josh Taylor's world title fight with Baranchyk is confirmed for May 18th. Really hope Taylor pulls it off. And I have a lot of confidence that he will. 

Taylor was interviewed by IFL yesterday. He also sees Crawford beating Khan. He thinks the best Khan can hope for is to make it competitive in the first half of the fight, before Crawford eventually takes over. I'd say that is an accurate assessment. 

• Paid Members

18 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

Josh Taylor's world title fight with Baranchyk is confirmed for May 18th. Really hope Taylor pulls it off. And I have a lot of confidence that he will.

Naoya Inoue is fighting on the same card against Emmanuel Rodriguez.