Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

Any news or speculation in who they can get to replace him? I read the other day tickets have sold really well for this.

on course to sell out according to Steve Bunce.

Miller's not officially out yet but i saw a list of potential replacements earlier.

Luis Ortiz & Adam Kownacki were the two i remember, they were a few more listed though.

• Paid Members

That’s the thing. I’m seeing people going ‘get Dyllian Whyte in there’ but I just can’t see it. If AJ vs Whyte 2 is going to happen, and you’d think it will sooner or later, it’s surely going to be Wembley or somewhere like that. Having 2 Londoners face off at MSG just seems a bit odd. Even given the less than the ideal circumstances. Ortiz or Kownacki sound more likely to me. That’s if Miller is even out. 

I remember sitting at the conclusion of the Wilder vs Fury fight thinking "wow, the heavyweight division is going to be awesome for a few years now."

Little did I know that a few months later I'd find it hard to give less of a fuck about any of them. Joshua vs Miller? Fury vs Schwarz? Wilder vs Breazeale? Couldn't care less about any of those fights. I'll watch them, of course, but I'll probably download them the next day and watch them that way.

Edited by David

There is also no chance that they will be able to come to a deal with Whyte at this stage. 

I can't even see Ortiz getting the call. He's a very risky fight for AJ. Probably more so than Miller. According to BoxerRec, Kownacki is suspended by the New York State Athletic Commission indefinitely. Not sure whether that will prevent him from taking the fight or not. 

David Price? 

11 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

uh oh, Big Baby Miller has popped for something ahead of his fight with Big Baby Miller on June 1st.

Well, they always say the toughest opponent to face is yourself so fair play for trying to get an advantage.

• Paid Members

Ortiz & Kownacki have ruled themselves out. Cant see it being Pulev with this kiss thing thats happened. Manuel Charr is coming off a drug suspension. What an utter state of affairs.

Haye was on Ringside saying theg want to put Chisora in there if he wins Saturday 😄

• Paid Members

Good interview with Dave Allen here; 

The usual down to earth stuff mostly but he also goes in depth on PEDs in Boxing and Miller getting popped, which is worth a listen. Says he hasn’t been tested once, or even contacted about being tested, for this fight with Browne. Given Browne’s history you’d think they’d have tested him more regularly but sounds like Browne’s been in Australia doing fuck knows what. 

Also watched a Conor Benn interview and he’s backed off on the Josh Kelly callouts big time. Reading between the lines it sounds like someone’s had a quiet word in his ear that it probably wouldn’t be the best move at this stage of his career.

Looking forward to this show Saturday night. It’s been overshadowed because of Crawford vs Khan going down in the States later that night but it’s a nice O2 card with Allen vs Browne, Chisora vs Gashi plus Kelly and Benn fighting.