Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I get boxnation as part of my BT Sport deal. I can't imagine paying for it separately. 

Can I just ask David,  you said all promoters are pretty much the same shady lying scumbags who will do anything to sell a fight. I broadly agree with that, it's the nature of the business. Warren is the worst of the lot though. Just the fact that he put one company into administration to avoid paying Ricky Burns the £1 million plus he owed him to avoid paying is the dirt worst. 

11 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Can I just ask David,  you said all promoters are pretty much the same shady lying scumbags who will do anything to sell a fight. I broadly agree with that, it's the nature of the business. Warren is the worst of the lot though. Just the fact that he put one company into administration to avoid paying Ricky Burns the £1 million plus he owed him to avoid paying is the dirt worst.

Okay, i wouldn't say they were all lying scumbags, but they're essentially businessmen who are out to get the most money for their client and themselves. The fact that we're talking about a vocation that involves people punching each other in the face means we tend to see the more undesirable aspect of human society drawn to it for the most part.

As far as what Warren done? Honestly, that's the kind of thing that corporations and high-level businessmen are doing up and down the country, and throughout the world with regularity. That's just business, sadly. 

My main point was the claiming Eggy Hearn is better than Warren, or that De La Hoya is better than Espinoza or whatever is akin to claiming horse shit smells slighty more fragrant than cow shit. They're all at it to an extent, and I don't think any of them are telling the truth whenever we see them on camera. None of them ever admit to being wrong, and all of them are claiming they're doing what they do "for the fans" while the others are stopping it from happening.

5 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Perfectly valid points David. I don't think though that anyone has shot Hearn, Espinoza, or De La Hoya have they. #Garthing 

They shot Lennon and JFK though, so maybe Warren was a catalyst for change? 😁

• Paid Members

haha, yeh barmy stuff. If Dillian ended up fighting Lawrence Okolie at the end of all this you'd just have laugh at it.

Reports today though are saying Whyte is close to signing with Top Rank/ESPN so we could be looking at Fury/Whyte in May.

I dont think for Furys first opponent on his ESPN deal they will put him in with a liveley body. Hope im wrong though. 

Saw an interview with Whyte yesterday and Kugan asked him some names who he may fight, he said Charr, Brazeale, or maybe Ortiz. Think there was someone else in there as well. 

• Paid Members

Golovkin’s signed with DAZN. It’s on Eddie Hearn’s Twitter. Hopefully Canelo vs Golovkin 3 at some point in the not too distant future. I could watch those two fight every year. 

Oh and Lennox Lewis was on Joe Rogan’s podcast. Be worth a listen;

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Warrens show was decent. It was showcase stuff but it didnt have that air of farce that these kinds of shows can some time bring. All the opponents looked like they came with some genuine intention and Warrens guys came out looking better than they did going in.

Liam Williams KO of Mullender was scary and he was right to be a bit pissed at the ref letting it continue. This was a mismatch but Mullender came to make it rough, he just couldnt compete.

Daniel Dubois got the Kevin Johnson stink off him and finished Cojuanu which Nathan Gorman couldnt do, job done, im up for that fight.

Yarde had a live opponent and looked good. Ive criticised Yarde previously because of his opponents but he looked good here, not sure if Kovalev should be next but pickings are slim at Lightheavy. If they go for it, im all in. Probably not a better time to fight Kovalev either.

The light hw division has four very strong different title holders. As stupid as it sounds, as they pointed out the other night, Yardes best chance of victory for a title may actually be against Kovolev! 

Yeh it was a nice show on Friday, BT have really upped the pacing and production values on Warrens shows and they have decent pundits as well. 

Watched Calumn Johnson lastnight, havent saw to much of him other than his last 3 or 4 fights, but he has quite a whack on him doesnt him. Between him, Yarde and Buatsi there could be a nice little bunch of domestic bust ups there.

oh yeh, Lennox had had his hair done hasnt he? Looks smooth for 53.

Edited by Porkchopcash