Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Fury's rumored opponent for May will be Colombian Heavyweight Oscar Rivas, 26-0.

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/503964

Reports coming out too that Deontay Wilder is finally in talks with DAZN, apparently they are gonna stump up the cash for the Brezeale mandatory with a 2 fight deal with Joshua coming after it.

• Paid Members

Heads up! Sky’s got their Philadelphia show tonight with Katie Taylor vs Rose Volante and Tevin Farmer vs Jono Carroll. Starts at 11pm. 

Nearly forgot this was tonight myself. Could be decent. I’ve liked what I’ve seen of Farmer so far and Taylor is usually good to watch. 

Oh and it looks like the Wilder/DAZN talks didn’t go too well...

A133B13C-C5C0-4E8B-9238-546EED258DFD.jpeg

At this point I give up on Wilder. Fuck him. Let him disappear into obscurity for all I care. As long as we somehow get Joshua vs Fury eventually, Wilder can be content being the big swinging dick in Alabama, forever claiming everyone’s ducking him while his phone stays off and Brendan Schaub licks his arse. Bumsquad. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Heads up! Sky’s got their Philadelphia show tonight with Katie Taylor vs Rose Volante and Tevin Farmer vs Jono Carroll. Starts at 11pm. 

Nearly forgot this was tonight myself. Could be decent. I’ve liked what I’ve seen of Farmer so far and Taylor is usually good to watch. 

Oh and it looks like the Wilder/DAZN talks didn’t go too well...

A133B13C-C5C0-4E8B-9238-546EED258DFD.jpeg

At this point I give up on Wilder. Fuck him. Let him disappear into obscurity for all I care. As long as we somehow get Joshua vs Fury eventually, Wilder can be content being the big swinging dick in Alabama, forever claiming everyone’s ducking him while his phone stays off and Brendan Schaub licks his arse. Bumsquad. 

Its unbelievable the amount of money thats being thrown around and turned down, no ones willing to bend to make these fights happen. I get the feeling this new golden era is gonna end up passing us by. One of the top 3 guys are gonna end up losing to someone else eventually and all that cash will be left on the table.

Really wanna see Farmer/Carrol, got really heated going in. Farmer is quality and will likely box the head off Jono but should be fun.

The ITV Boxing Youtube channel has all the official Spence/Garcia hype stuff up too if you need something to watch before the fight tonight.

• Paid Members

Tevin Farmer vs Jono Carroll was a good fight. It was expected going in that Farmer would most likely have a little bit too much for Carroll and that was the case. He was just a bit of a higher class of boxer. But Carroll certainly didn’t disgrace himself with that performance. He brought it from the opening bell, gassed but still kept coming forward, got rocked in the 11th but hung in there and still went out guns blazing in the 12th. He really left it all in there. It wasn’t enough and the right man won in Farmer but Carroll gave it a good old bash. Carroll’s the kind of fighter who’s going to make an exciting fight with anyone.

5 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

Spence Garcia was a bit of a farce. Garcia was terrible. I know he moved up in weight to fight Spence but it looked man v boy in there. The one man commentary wasnt great either. Nice crowd there though. 

It was a fight that everyone in his team was against him taking. Anyone who knows anything about boxing knew that Spence was all wrong for Garcia, but he let bravado and the need to "be great" cloud his judgement.

His power didn't carry at all, he looked slower with the extra weight on him, and although he went the distance I'd personally have had no issue with the fight being stopped at the end of the 10th. It was clear from the 8th onwards that he had no chance.

• Paid Members

Spence/Garcia may have been the ultimate example of a good big guy always beating a good little guy. It was a mismatch. Interesting to hear the clear audible groan when they tried to promote a Pacquiao/Spence fight to the live crowd too, mainly down to the fact that the fans dont want to see Pacquiao get killed.

The one man commentary feed on ITV was abysmal too. The PBC stuff has been good so far but maybe they couldnt use the proper PPV commentary due to licencing? it was Boxnation levels of shite.

• Paid Members

nah, it was an American guy. Not a fan of Macintosh either, knows his shit but hes got a terrible voice for commentary, and he doesnt shut up.

The ITV feed was pwp. They couldnt show any of the actual PPV in between fight stuff so you basically got a wide shot of the ring and the guy talking in between fights rather than getting the proper pre-fight package stuff. Similar to how Boxnation present their stuff but they show Buncey in the studio instead. 

Wilder/Breazeale is confirmed for May 18th on Showtime. 

its a grudge match if nothing else.