Egg Shen

Boxing Thread

depends on if this Top Rank thing is going to happen.

Wilder looks locked in to fight Brezeale at the moment. Charr was rumored to be next for Joe Joyce.

Golovkin’s signed with DAZN. It’s on Eddie Hearn’s Twitter. Hopefully Canelo vs Golovkin 3 at some point in the not too distant future. I could watch those two fight every year. 

Oh and Lennox Lewis was on Joe Rogan’s podcast. Be worth a listen;

Edited by wandshogun09

...and the annual 'Lennox Lewis to make a comeback' story came out of it.

Warrens show was decent. It was showcase stuff but it didnt have that air of farce that these kinds of shows can some time bring. All the opponents looked like they came with some genuine intention and Warrens guys came out looking better than they did going in.

Liam Williams KO of Mullender was scary and he was right to be a bit pissed at the ref letting it continue. This was a mismatch but Mullender came to make it rough, he just couldnt compete.

Daniel Dubois got the Kevin Johnson stink off him and finished Cojuanu which Nathan Gorman couldnt do, job done, im up for that fight.

Yarde had a live opponent and looked good. Ive criticised Yarde previously because of his opponents but he looked good here, not sure if Kovalev should be next but pickings are slim at Lightheavy. If they go for it, im all in. Probably not a better time to fight Kovalev either.

The light hw division has four very strong different title holders. As stupid as it sounds, as they pointed out the other night, Yardes best chance of victory for a title may actually be against Kovolev! 

Yeh it was a nice show on Friday, BT have really upped the pacing and production values on Warrens shows and they have decent pundits as well. 

Watched Calumn Johnson lastnight, havent saw to much of him other than his last 3 or 4 fights, but he has quite a whack on him doesnt him. Between him, Yarde and Buatsi there could be a nice little bunch of domestic bust ups there.

oh yeh, Lennox had had his hair done hasnt he? Looks smooth for 53.

Edited by Porkchopcash

On 3/9/2019 at 10:52 PM, Egg Shen said:

...and the annual 'Lennox Lewis to make a comeback' story came out of it.

Hilarious when you consider his terms were $100M to fight Mike Tyson. He was essentially saying "no".

here's a decent piece of news...this badboy is live and free on ITV4 this weekend:

spence-garcia-720x926.jpg

Fury's rumored opponent for May will be Colombian Heavyweight Oscar Rivas, 26-0.

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/503964

Reports coming out too that Deontay Wilder is finally in talks with DAZN, apparently they are gonna stump up the cash for the Brezeale mandatory with a 2 fight deal with Joshua coming after it.

Heads up! Sky’s got their Philadelphia show tonight with Katie Taylor vs Rose Volante and Tevin Farmer vs Jono Carroll. Starts at 11pm. 

Nearly forgot this was tonight myself. Could be decent. I’ve liked what I’ve seen of Farmer so far and Taylor is usually good to watch. 

Oh and it looks like the Wilder/DAZN talks didn’t go too well...

A133B13C-C5C0-4E8B-9238-546EED258DFD.jpeg

At this point I give up on Wilder. Fuck him. Let him disappear into obscurity for all I care. As long as we somehow get Joshua vs Fury eventually, Wilder can be content being the big swinging dick in Alabama, forever claiming everyone’s ducking him while his phone stays off and Brendan Schaub licks his arse. Bumsquad. 

Edited by wandshogun09

8 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Heads up! Sky’s got their Philadelphia show tonight with Katie Taylor vs Rose Volante and Tevin Farmer vs Jono Carroll. Starts at 11pm. 

Nearly forgot this was tonight myself. Could be decent. I’ve liked what I’ve seen of Farmer so far and Taylor is usually good to watch. 

Oh and it looks like the Wilder/DAZN talks didn’t go too well...

A133B13C-C5C0-4E8B-9238-546EED258DFD.jpeg

At this point I give up on Wilder. Fuck him. Let him disappear into obscurity for all I care. As long as we somehow get Joshua vs Fury eventually, Wilder can be content being the big swinging dick in Alabama, forever claiming everyone’s ducking him while his phone stays off and Brendan Schaub licks his arse. Bumsquad. 

Its unbelievable the amount of money thats being thrown around and turned down, no ones willing to bend to make these fights happen. I get the feeling this new golden era is gonna end up passing us by. One of the top 3 guys are gonna end up losing to someone else eventually and all that cash will be left on the table.

Really wanna see Farmer/Carrol, got really heated going in. Farmer is quality and will likely box the head off Jono but should be fun.

The ITV Boxing Youtube channel has all the official Spence/Garcia hype stuff up too if you need something to watch before the fight tonight.

The reboot of The Contender started lastnight on ITV4, sure it will be repeated if anyones interested. It has Freddy Roach, Nazim Richardson as the trainers and Andre Ward as the host.

Tevin Farmer vs Jono Carroll was a good fight. It was expected going in that Farmer would most likely have a little bit too much for Carroll and that was the case. He was just a bit of a higher class of boxer. But Carroll certainly didn’t disgrace himself with that performance. He brought it from the opening bell, gassed but still kept coming forward, got rocked in the 11th but hung in there and still went out guns blazing in the 12th. He really left it all in there. It wasn’t enough and the right man won in Farmer but Carroll gave it a good old bash. Carroll’s the kind of fighter who’s going to make an exciting fight with anyone.

Spence Garcia was a bit of a farce. Garcia was terrible. I know he moved up in weight to fight Spence but it looked man v boy in there. The one man commentary wasnt great either. Nice crowd there though.