Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

What a fight between Fowler and Fitzpatrick. I had Fitzpatrick winning by a little wider margin. Fitzpatrick reminds a bit of John Ryder. 

First 3 rounds were definately Fowlers then i had Fitzpatrick winning 4/5/6/7/8, they were close but thought he done enough. 9 and 10 were great rounds. A deserved win. Fowler looked huge for the weight. FOTY for me so far. 

Also why on fight night does Eddies Hearns hair always look like a wig? Its like he has it painted. 

Edited by Porkchopcash

• Paid Members

i didnt score as i was going but it did feel like Sky were homering for Fowler a little on the scores at times, especially early. It was tight though, the knockdown might have been the difference on my card too if i was scoring. The general feeling from me and from twitter as the fight was going on was that Fowler was tired, i think its more the way Fowler stands and the expression on his face though rather than actual tiredness, round 9 proved it.

Great fight, hot crowd too.

• Paid Members

Fowler vs Fitzpatrick was a hell of a fight. Definitely agree it’s the FOTY so far. Proper close fight, both had their moments and their adversity to fight through and in the end that knockdown is what swung it for me. 

Smith vs Eggington was the one way traffic I expected. I was a bit surprised when this fight was made, to be honest. Eggington gets bashed up by Mwakinyo then one win later he’s in there with Liam Smith? I like Eggington but he just doesn’t have it against that kind of opposition. He seems a good guy and he’s exciting to watch so you want him to do well but blocking punches with your face is not the best recipe for success in boxing, and certainly not for a healthy life after it. 

And Price vs Ali was an odd fight with Kash Ali going all Andrew Golota. Bit him 4 times! What the fuck? Should be banned for that shit but I guess Tyson wasn’t for gnawing on Holyfield’s ear so that’s boxing for you. Saying that, Kash Ali is obviously nowhere near the attraction Tyson was so it wouldn’t shock me if he got a much harsher punishment. No place for that in the ring regardless. 

Ugly scenes as Ali was leaving the ring as well; 

Not a good night for the Brummies. 

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

I was suprised when the ring announcer announced why he disqualified Ali, thought it would kick off once he said it.  

Classic Hearnnon IFL saying he will book him straight away again as his profile has gone up. What a twat. 

it was weirdly civil, Price didnt really react like a man who'd been bitten 4 times, there were handshakes and stuff before a little jaw jacking as the decision was read. It was an odd scene.

I had Fitzgerald winning by 3 rounds. However, I was only a minute or so away from scoring the fight a draw. I had Fowler winning the final round before he got caught. So I would have scored the fight even had Fowler closed out the round without being knocked down. Regardless, it was a cracking little fight. Adam "Respect" Smith almost had an organism when they shook hands afterwards. 

I've never really paid more attention to Fowler. But fucking hell, do a lot of boxing fans hate him. The IFL comments section was buzzing after the fight. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

I've never really paid more attention to Fowler. But fucking hell, do a lot of boxing fans hate him. The IFL comments section was buzzing after the fight. 

Yeah Fowlers not very well liked. There was even a lot of boo's in the arena as he was announced, and he was in his hometown. 

• Paid Members

Sky have kindly uploaded the Fitzgerald/Fowler fight in full...

both BT and Sky upload their whole shows as individual fights within a day or two of them happening now which is pretty cool, could do without the spoilers in the video titles though.