Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

51691397_260315641556570_750099908446770Only 3 days away from this.

The fight was met with a lot of negativity from UK fans. The general feeling is that Crolla literally has zero chance of winning, thats a testament to just how good Loma is though. Crolla himself might be on the slide, he's a former World Champ but he's never been close to elite, you just cant see how he wins anything here. Shame it isn't in Manchester though.

• Paid Members

Well this is a bit different. Dave Allen and Lucas Browne basically interviewing each other a week before their fight here;

Seems like the winner is most likely fighting David Price next as well. 

And Crolla’s getting battered tonight, isn’t he :( 

Lomachenko looked a lot more vicious than I've seen him before. He's probably had harder sparring than that fight. But what can you do? Crolla was the stand-in, mandatory, former world champion, durable fighter with a good engine. Had not been stopped in 7 years. It should have been a decent test but he got bamboozled and destroyed. It's a bit worrying when Joe Gallagher got "Fun Time" Frankie Gavin as Crolla's sparring partner, when you're trying to emulate a P4P fighter. Also no head movement what-so-ever. That might be alright when you're facing an Ecuadorian bus driver Eddie's brought over to boost your record but you're can't fight slick boxers, who move in angles with a gloves up guard, they're going to wipe you out.

Edited by Rossman

• Paid Members

Well that was short and brutal. Not really sure what Crolla's gameplan was, it likely went out the window the moment the opening bell went though because if Crolla even attempted to let his hands go he was going to get punished. Lomachenko is on another planet in terms of ability.

8 hours ago, David said:

Seems to be a regular occurrence for British fighters to get absolutely decimated in these types of fights. 

King Khan will change that this Saturday 🥊.

On a serious note, i dont see Crawford as a top 5 pound for pound like a lot of lists have. He’s solid no doubt and very good but elite level? I dont see him like GGG, Canelo, Lomachenko. He should eventually get rid of Khan in the later rounds but to me it still doesnt prove anything or add to his credentials much. I wouldnt be suprised if Khan makes it the distance.

Ha, after all the shit he said about Joshua? Hasnt he been done for it before when he was a kickboxer as well?

Looks like its some sort of fat burner which also increases endurance. What a clown. Massive payday in his hometown at MSG threw down the toilet. Lets get a replacement. Dillian Whyte is free!  

Edited by Porkchopcash