Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

It’s mental isn’t it. And even moreso that he thought he could just load up on a bunch of shit and get away with it. Bet he still tries to say he doesn’t know what’s happened. When it comes to getting popped for PEDs there’s only one thing worse than getting popped for PEDs and that’s trying to pretend you’re innocent with pathetic excuses when you get popped for PEDs. When you get caught for 2 different things in 2 different tests it’s really time to just hold your hands up. 

I quite liked Miller before all this. Went off him a little bit after his week long boring arse sermon at the AJ presser and now this happens. What an absolute idiot. All he had to do was train and not take PEDs for the next 6 weeks and he’d be making his $4-5 million in June. Now he’s getting fuck all. For all his shit talking to AJ, his own weakness and doubts about himself are plain to see now or he wouldn’t have risked a life changing payday to get an edge. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Even if you'd cheated prior to landing a world title shot and didnt think you could win the title without those PED's surely you'd fight clean, have a go and pick up that cheque when its that much more than you'd ever made. Whats even more insane is that he signed up up for VADA testing so he knew he was going to get tested and the initial test failure came 6 weeks after he'd signed the contracts for the fight. He basically gambled $5 million and lost.

• Paid Members

It’ll be lost in the shuffle with Crawford vs Khan and the Matchroom card on tonight but the Danny Garcia vs Adrian Granados show is live on ITV4 from 1am as well.

All that and the UFC card from Russia. It’ll probably take me a week to catch up on all that! 

As the Great Larry Holmes was reaching the end of his run, there was a few top yanks trying to take the gold from him, Dokes, Weaver, Witherspoon, Smith..... you can watch most of this on yt, some top fights. Here a nice little ruck which looks like the brits were all over after Smith crushing bruno......

Smith v Witherspoon 2, they had fought previously to quite a convincing Terrible Tim win. Nice little interview after from a young Iron Mike.

• Paid Members

Can’t remember if I’ve seen that. I went through a phase about 5/6 years back where I was watching as much 70s, 80s and early 90s heavyweight boxing as I could find. Holmes vs Witherspoon was a really good fight from my memory of seeing it a few years ago. Close too. There were so many great heavyweight fights back then that didn’t just involve Ali and Frazier. Holmes vs Ken Norton was an all time classic. George Foreman vs Ron Lyle is one of the most thrilling slugfests ever, at any weight. Just looking back over that period now you had Evander Holyfield vs Michael Dokes, John Tate vs Mike Weaver, Earnie Shavers vs Ron Lyle. All fantastic fights. Then even into the 90s you had the Holyfield vs Bowe trilogy, Holyfield vs Foreman, Lewis vs Briggs etc. I loved all of them.