Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Im unsure if Degale is right going in too. Before the first Truax fight all he could talk about was how his shoulder was fixed and how he was back 100% now hes saying it was "fixed but it wasnt healed" whatever the fuck that means. You may not realise it at first glance but DeGale has had a pretty rough career, hes won some big fights that were tough going but DeGale always had a nack a nack of making easier fights tougher than they needed to be, he took some big damage in fights he should have cruised through (the Channel 5 days). Truax may be worth an outside punt here.

Caleb Plant is another Super Middleweight whos ranked around 10th in the world. He's just trying to make some noise and get his name out there. I had no idea who he was until the press conference, however the guy cuts a hell of an interview/promo, check this out...

Consider me a Caleb Plant fan.

Degales peeformance against truax qas pretty representative of a typical degale fight. He had a good run with gonzalez and periban KOs, beat direll in a fight where he pretty much stopped doing anything when he thouhht he was ahead. Hes always on the ropes, he struggled with the likes of dyah davis on channel 5. Could have lost to porky medina. Should have lost to Jack. I honestly believe hes finished and im kicking myself for not laying down some coin when truax was 6/1

• Paid Members

DeGale's problems go all the way back to his first fight. Degale is a really good boxer, but in that first fight he got booed because it wasn't very exciting to watch. I think that in his mind after that he had to fight more than box so the crowd didn't boo him. Then this is magnified when he loses to Groves. That was an exciting fight, even though he lost. Every big fight he has had since has been tougher than it needed to be because his ego wont let the booing from that first fight go. If he had boxed through his career he wouldn't be quite so broken down now. I think Truax will beat him tonight. 

Yeh wernt the best, his opponent reminds me of Carson Jones alot, tough, rugged and hard to deal with. He would be a handfull for anyone. Can see Degale resting on this for a bit and looking for Smith or Groves. I think Groves would beat Degale on both their last few performances.

• Paid Members

I'd love to see Groves batter DeGale the dickhead. 

This is from about a year ago at the Haye vs Bellew fight.

I never liked DeGale but he's so unbearable here that seeing Groves smash him up would make my fucking year as far as boxing goes. 

Yeh Degale is a tool, i remember ch5 tried doing a few vignettes to make him more likeable but it didnt work.

Next week you have Frampton/Donaire.....that has potential to be a classic. I’ll be watching that over Khan. Although Dodson/Coyle should be lively on the Khan undercard. 

Edited by Porkchopcash