Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

hard to guage where DeGale is after last week, Truax just feels a tough stylistic matchup for him. But having said that i think id pick Chris Eubank to beat him on that form.

• Paid Members

Khan vs Lo Greco on Sky and Frampton vs Donaire on BT/Box Nation this week then. 

What we expecting from these fights? From everything I've seen, read and heard Khan should beat Lo Greco with little bother. Only thing of concern is Khan's layoff but I can't see him dropping a bollock here. Hopefully he gets this guy out of there and we can finally get Khan vs Brook on over the summer. Expecting a Frampton win as well. Just think he might be catching Donaire at a good time. Saying that though, Frampton made harder work of his last fight than I expected. Should be a good fight though. 

Broner vs Vargas is on Sky at 2am later that same night as well. Schedule's rammed. 

Edited by wandshogun09

I think both fighters, especially Khan are past their best. I dont know alot about Lo Greco, but the fact is Khan has fought once in nearly 3 years and it was a brutal knockout. He doesnt really train between fights either he has said in the past. If Lo Greco has a bit about him he could make it an interesting fight, but i dont know. Khans not a massive puncher so i could see it being a case of Lo Greco being overwhelmed by Khan and stopped prematurely to keep the  Brook fight alive.

Looking forward to the Frampton fight alot More.  i can see an action packed 12 rounder with Frampton getting the nod with a great atmosphere as well.

just watched an interview with Bellew on IFL, seemed a bit agro bit had just finished training. He said he believes out of say 48 world champions boxing has, about 20 of them are probably clean.

• Paid Members

Think that popped up in my YouTube recommended videos and the time on the video was about 40 minutes or something. 40 minutes of Bellend. Fuck that for a game of soldiers. I watch nearly everything IFL put out but balls to that. It's always the same old shit with Bellew as well. One of the last people on the planet I'd want to be stuck in a lift with. Just loves the sound of his own voice. I bet when he gets home safe he makes his kids watch his IFL interviews. 

Sweet, forgot Conor Benn is fighting on the Khan undercard Saturday night as well. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

looking forward to both shows this weekend, just a shame they clash.

Boxnation are trying to sell Frampton/Donaire as some kind of megafight but it does feel that its coming too late. 4 years ago Donaire was seen as thr p4p king by some, his stock has fallen since but its still a great scalp for Frampton. Frampton himself is coming off a poor performance, and there seems to be a feeling that he too has peaked as a pro. Have to wait and see.

Given the fact that i have work Sunday morning though ill likely watch the Khan show live because of Warrens awful time keeping. Masher Dodd/Tommy Coyle is on the Matchroom show too.

• Paid Members

How are the undercards looking for the two shows tonight? I know Conor Benn is fighting on the Khan bill, along with Dodd vs Coyle as mentioned above. Anything else of note? And what about the Frampton vs Donaire undercard? 

I'm definitely going to watch the Sky show live and record the BT one. Like Ebb says, Fish Eyes pacing of his shows is fucking dire.

Actually, with how long his shows tend to drag you'll probably be able to watch the Khan fight on Sky and still be able to switch over before Frampton makes his walk to the ring over on BT. 

Zolani Tete v Omar Narvaez should be a good fight. Narvaez is quite old but can still go. Only lost to Naoya Inoue and Nonito Donaire in his 50 fight career.

Don't think Frampton will struggle with Donaire too much. He lost his speed a long time ago, and like when he fought Rigondeaux he can't deal well with amateur boxers. I think this will be Donaire's last big fight. He seems to step up, lose, fight some low level opponents, step up then lose again.

3 hours ago, Rossman said:

Zolani Tete v Omar Narvaez should be a good fight. Narvaez is quite old but can still go. Only lost to Naoya Inoue and Nonito Donaire in his 50 fight career.

I take that back. The worst fight you will ever see in your life. Narvaez was the mandatory world title challenger and he must have thrown 10 punches all fight.

Khan pantomime was just that. No idea why the Liverpool crowd were cheering him after the fight. I would be fucking raging, if I had paid a fortune to see that. Then the interview silliness afterwards trying to get a face-off with Brook. Khan shouting, I'm chasing you, then ran out of the ring before Brook could respond.

• Paid Members

Had the in-laws round and they've only just gone so didn't hear the post-fight interviews properly. Was I hearing things or was Khan trying to put the weight thing as an issue that will stop the fight happening? From what I could tell Brook seemed up for it and Khan was putting obstacles in the way. Was that right or did I hear it wrong? 

If you get the chance you need to watch Vargas v Broner. Great fight. Shame Fucking Darren Barker did his best to ruin it with his monotone dialect. If you can find the Yank version online watch that with Paulie and co in commentery. 

Heres the Sky Version, could only find half the fight with the American version.

Frampton fight was ok, not great. Kind off followed the pattern of alot of Frampton fights.

Khan did mug Brook off a bit, but he doesnt want it. True what Brook said, “Khan celebrated like he won a world title” 

Boom Boom fought his best fight ever i think......whoever posted that Adam Smith picture sums that fight up.....,Theres the Respect!

Edited by Porkchopcash