Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah, with how good Brook looked against Rabchenko, a similar blowout from Khan would be perfect. His layoff is the only x-factor. 

Pacquiao vs Matthyse is a great fight. And one I'd never considered. I was going to ask about what was next for Pacquiao in here the other day actually after catching a bit of a repeat of his fight with Jeff Horn on Box Nation t'other day. I hope he hangs the gloves up soon though. He's been one of the most consistently entertaining fighters to watch for close to 20 years now, which is crazy really, but I hope he stops before it gets sad. 

Eddie Hearn tweeted last night that the IBF have ordered for a final eliminator fight to be made between Dillian Whyte and Kubrat Pulev

I’ve seen Pulev fight a couple of times, I don’t see Whyte having any problems with that one. 

Alvarez/Golovkin is now off

Spike O Sullivan will now take Alvarez’ place, fucking Spike!? He’s awful.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Seriously, April 2018 can fuck the fuck off. Between Khabib vs Ferguson and Condit vs Brown falling apart in the UFC within two days of each other, to now GGG vs Canelo 2 being off. 4 days into April and that's 3 fights I was really looking forward to cancelled. 

• Paid Members

given that we have a huge UFC and Wrestlemania this weekend id imagine folk here wont have much time for boxing this week but James DeGale/Caleb Truax 2 is Saturday. A rematch of one of the biggest upsets of last year, DeGale has spent it preparing in America so that may explain a lack of promotion or seeing him around on social media but its a real make or break fight for him. Its on the undercard of Lara/Hudd. Live on Boxnation.

• Paid Members

Ignore the clickbait bollocks video title here. DeGale doesn't "go mad" at Leonard Ellerbe at all but watch this;

Does anyone else get the feeling that DeGale's head isn't in the right place for this Truax rematch? Listening to him here he's all over the place, keeps on about his shoulder injuries and still harping on the Badou Jack fight and going on about what fans have been saying about him online. At the end it's almost like Ellerbe is trying to convince him he's still got it. 

Degales interviews are always all over the place, he normally contradicts himself about 5 times in each interview. He doesnt seem mentally strong at all. Where Groves has been beaten in big fights on big stages and still has a steally confidence/arrogance about him. 

Degale, days away from a world title fight which if he wins could open up the doors for multiple million pound fights for him, and he’s upset about what people are saying about him on line. Says it all really.

He comes across butt hurt due to the fact no one in England likes him. 

He used to drink and be a regular in my local, he was in there around the time he was promoting the Groves fight, a lot of us are big Groves fans who drink there and he was getting some stick that night (all playful and fun)

Havent seen him in there since.