Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

well that was a bonkers night of action.

Lucus Browne looked horrendous. I was warming to him going in too, came off a real sound guy with a personality that didnt really match his appearence, but fuck me he looked poor. I dont really understand why he tried to stand and box with Whyte, he had one decent round where he tried to brawl it out, outside of that he just got picked apart. The finish was brutal.

Id be down for Wilder/Whyte if needs be. Thats a win/win for Matchroom.

Agree with all the above regarding Browne.

He was in terrible shape coming into the fight also. Do we think that is due to no longer been on the drugs he got busted for? Either way. Been in that shape, facing a motivated and healthy opponent was never going to end well. Great performance from Whyte. I'm guessing Wilder is going to go looking for the money and unification fight against Joshua (if he wins this weekend) but like others have said I'm well up for Whyte/Wilder. I just can't see Wilder risking the bout with Joshua by potentially fighting and losing to Whyte in June.

• Paid Members
On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:42 AM, Carbomb said:

It's amusing that Whyte is brown, and Browne is white. Are there any boxers called Black, Green or Grey? You could have them all on the undercard, one of them facing Jason Orange in a celeb freakshow bout.

To @Keith Houchen and @wandshogun09: fucking ahem.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

He was in terrible shape coming into the fight also. Do we think that is due to no longer been on the drugs he got busted for?

Hard not to feel that way after this. It was the biggest fight of Browne's career and he came in heavy and looking out of shape. He really did resemble the generic MMA heavyweight who was basically bouncers who fancy a go at cage fighting. Either that or Browne was so convinced he had the power to KO Dillian he simply believed it was a case of landing on the chin. He paid the price if he did...

browne-collage.png

• Paid Members

The KO was ruthless. He didn't move for a good while either after faceplanting. Scary stuff. 

I think the way the fight played out and how soft Browne looked physically, it definitely had something to do with him getting popped for drugs and having to come off them. This might've been the first time he fought clean. And that could also explain why he fought the way he did and was tentative and gun-shy. Maybe psychologically the confidence wasn't quite there because he wasn't all gassed up. But Whyte looked really good himself, physically and in his performance. So a mix of the two things - Whyte having probably his best showing and Browne having his worst - it was the perfect storm for what we saw. 

Oh and @Carbomb I forgot about that despite me actually replying to it at the time with the Purple Aki thing. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

What have I just watched? Anyone seen anything of this Tyan Booth and his interviews on his YouTube channel TyBoxingTV? I just watched a 20 minute interview he with Billy Joe Saunders (I know, I know). The clickbaity title of the video caught my eye - 'Billy Joe Saunders on Whether Carl Froch's Girlfriend is a Gold-Digger'. I usually don't bother with stuff like this but I did this time and, well fucking hell...

I'll admit I went into this fully expecting Saunders to be the one being a complete twat as usual. But no. Who is this TyBoxing berk? Is he a full-on gimmick or just that much of a knob? I'll admit there are points where his delivery and totally not giving a fuck is kind of half amusing, but when you make Billy Joe Bastard Saunders come off as a chill voice of reason in comparison to you, then you've got to reign it in a bit. He's like a really offensive and insulting Karl Pilkington. Clearly he's after after attention, and yeah I'm giving it, but I couldn't believe some of the shit he was coming out with here. 

If you're not going to watch the video, this was his closing comment on Froch's girlfriend; 

"There's a video on YouTube of a man who's sat in a shit car, and there's a nice woman walking past, he tries it on with her, and she's not interested. So then he fucks off in his little shit car and he gets another car, one like yours (referring to Saunders' yellow Lamborghini), parks up right next to the woman, changes his clothes, puts a hat on or whatever. And then she's interested in him. You know, it's the same man. But with a different car. Now she's into him. So there's a lot of shallow, gold-digging, materialistic whores out there. So I'm saying is Carl Froch's wife one of them? Hope not."

"So apologies to Carl Froch if err...why would he be upset though? The guy's rich. He's got a brilliant CV in boxing, world champion many times. He's got a nice looking girlfriend, kids, money, why would he be bothered about what I say?

• Paid Members

what's everyones plan for Joshua/Parker then? anyone going?

6 days away, i missed the Takam fight so im fucking buzzing for this one, gonna take it all in this week, it's gonna be great.

• Paid Members

I'll be there. Looking forward to it along with the decent Povetkin Price undercard fight. Great price too. £110 coach package with a return from Leicester.

I've only been to two live boxing shows, Haye Bellew and Joshua Klitschko. If this one is half as eventful then it'll be a great night!

Edited by Murtz

I reckon Joshua knocks him out within the first 6 rounds.

From what I’ve seen of Parker he’s never impressed me, won his last fight against Hughie Fury with a controversial decision in which I think Fury won fairly easily and he’s practically had boring decision wins against anyone at world level also all of his KOs have come against low level opposition. 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I think i scored that fight a draw, the controversy was that the decision was so wide on the cards. Still i wouldn't put too much stock in that fight, Fury is an awkward fighter to look good against, extremely negative too, AJ would find that a tricky outing himself. I do quite fancy Parker Saturday based on his fitness/workrate. If he can make AJ excert energy early and survive i think he could win rounds from the midpoint onwards.