Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

There no doubt Warren is bent, but hearn is starting to annoy me, thinking he can dictate what other fighters do, like the Wilder situation. Saw an interview with him saying Joshua will not fight till November, then in the same breath saying between now and then Wilder should fight Whyte, despite Wilder fighting last month. Ok, so Wilder put himself through another 12 week camp, fighter Whyte, in what would be a gruelling fight, then fight Joshua in November. While Joshua chills and rests up for 8 months. 

He bottled it putting Buglioni in with Yarde, wont let any of his fighters near Tete. I probably just watch to much IFL and let his over exposure annoy me.  

I believe for whatever reason he doesnt want Joshua in with Wilder, despite what he’s saying. Personally i think Joshua beats him. 

All that Shirley Winkle nonsense as well.  

• Paid Members

As has already been said in this thread, Hearn is loveable slime. Bricktop, sorry I mean Warren is just slime. If whoever it was who shot him has used something other than a Luger the course of boxing history would have been different I'm sure. The problem is that as wrestling fans we all know that Luger never wins the big one when the chips are down. 

• Paid Members

I don't find him at all loveable but a lot of people seem to. Fair enough. I do admit he is a good promoter and despite getting the silver spoon handed to him by his old man (which he's even referred to himself on occasion) he clearly puts the work in. I don't even have a problem with a lot of the stuff he says, a lot of it I agree with. But it's just his whole demeanour that bugs me. Proper in love with himself. If he could clone himself I reckon he'd make 20 Eddie Hearns and have orgies with them. It might be a stupid reason to dislike him and I actually get the feeling if you met him he'd probably be sound enough, but he just comes off a bit slimey and in love with himself anytime I see or hear him. 

I check out his IFL interviews though. Usually. I watch nearly any interview they put out though. But whoever posted that they've done an in-depth interview with him every day this week, yeah fuck that. Promoters gotta promote and that but fuck me how much can one man have to say, in one week, about one fight? Surely even his wife doesn't want to see him that much. 

• Paid Members

It's the year-round Essex tan combined with the weird receding hair cover job; such an odd looking fella.

Aside from that, I agree with you, wand. He comes across as a slimey bugger with a level of confidence that has a habit of falling into the smugness category. Undeniably good at his job, though, despite all the bollocks about the "silver spoon".

• Paid Members

Really recommend the Sky Sports Boxing YouTube channel if you are after some hype for this, they've stuck loads of good stuff up.

Parker and AJ both came in lighter than expected, AJ clearly concerned that Parkers movement may be an issue. Roll on tomorrow.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, David said:

Let's be honest, we'd all be disappointed if these characters weren't around though. They add a little bit of sideshow interest in between the fights.

amen to that. All the fun in this build up has been outside of the actual boxers, following the build ups through youtube is like my version of Coronation Street, brilliant stuff.

on the betting front...

I've stumped a few quid i had left in my wallet on Parker to win a decision at 9/1.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

i tell a lie, 14/1 it was. Betfred.

Anyone looking forward to anything on the undercard? The Hearn prospects have some interesting but calculated step ups but the highlight is clearly Price/Povetkin. David Price has become a bit of a joke amongst the fans in recent years but what an opportunity to put his career back on track, you shouldn't really fancy him but Povetkin is getting up there in age and Price still has the KO power in his fists who fucking knows. When Price was KO'd for the second time by Tony Thompson who'd have thought he'd be lining up as chief support to AJ at a packed Millenium Stadium? im Team Price all the way with this one.

povetkin-price-weights%20(5).jpg