Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

35 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

* OK just read that Joyce vs Chisora isn't happening. It was always a longshot. Joyce is claiming Delboy was offered "life changing money" but turned the fight down. 

Chisora has fought Haye, Klitschko, Fury twice and Joe Joyce reckons he’s the payday after 2 pro fights in which he’s looked average... David Haye really must be getting to this kids head. 

• Paid Members

Oh a big fuck off pinch of salt was taken with that quote, Tilde. Just thought I'd share it.

I never really buy the 'he's ducking me' claims from fighters. There's usually always more to it behind the scenes. 

Close shave for Wilder.

I strongly disagreed with the judges scorecards at the time of the stoppage. I gave Ortiz the first 4 rounds, a 10-8 score for round 7, and also round 8. I can't remember how I scored round 9. Therefore, I had Ortiz around 2-4 rounds up. The judges all had Wilder up by a round. 

Credit to Wilder for outlasting Ortiz and rallying to take the win. Wilder will always be dangerous with his power, but I think he'll come unstuck sooner rather than later. 

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Fun scrap, Wilder/Ortiz. Some are saying it's as good or better than AJ/Klitschko, which is wrong, but it's another example of how exciting the HW division.

in terms of drama it was a very similar fight. Im still of opinion that Joshua/Klitschko wasnt the all time classic people claim it was, Adam Smith banged on about it Saturday night, but take away the few big moments and it was a bit of a dud with not a lot going on, those big moments were brilliant though and thats what people remember.

Anyways regardless of that, Wilder is a one off isnt he? he looked pretty shit Saturday night and i believed he cruising to a decision loss (all 3 judges had him winning though somehow) but he just finds a way, the guy has insane power and you can just never count him out. Answered some questions about his chin too. People will knock his technique until the end of time but when you've knocked out the 40 men you've faced you just have to conceed and say as awkward as he may look, the guys effective.

• Paid Members

I think it's daft the abuse he gets for his so called "lack of technique". He's unorthodox, sure, but that power is undeniable. A lot of folk always say what jim typed above you, but here he his with that record and on course to face Joshua.

• Paid Members

I think that AJ v Wilder would be a genuine 50/50 fight. Both have great power but both have potential flaws. I think the person Wilder does need to stay away from though is Tyson Fury. Tyson would completely outbox Wilder and it would be like watching a super sized version of the David Lemieux v Billy Joe Saunders fight. 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Chisora has fought Haye, Klitschko, Fury twice and Joe Joyce reckons he’s the payday after 2 pro fights in which he’s looked average... David Haye really must be getting to this kids head. 

if the money thing is true (which it cant be), im not sure why Chisora would turn that down. Chisora is clearly on the downswing and isnt gonna land a big fight. Only thing you can assume is that Chisora is after the Whyte rematch, but that thing doesnt look like its gonna happen.

• Paid Members

Wilder's not known for being any kind of bastard, is he? If not, I'd like to see him get eleven more wins and knock that cunt Mayweather off the top undefeated career slot.

• Paid Members

Aye. Out of the two, Wilder is easily the more likeable human being, what with Joshua being exposed every month as a bit of a knob with suspect views on race and women.

It's hard not to cheer on a bloke that gives it "I do this for my daughter", when said daughter has something as crap as spina bifida. He also let Lil Kim walk him out, very much with the message he's not a misogynist, which is refreshing in boxing, particularly with some of the things AJ said about his niece.

Edited by ColinBollocks
Niece, not daughter, dawg.

• Paid Members

The AJ niece was blown out of proportion, he made some comments and the womens rights snowflakes jumped all over them. Joshua has done very little wrong to be deserving of having the public turn on him in my opinion.

Wilder's a pure gimmick, strip it all away and he does seem a top bloke though. His entrance Saturday was brilliant, he had the two rappers and the entourage yet he just walked calmly behind them, towering above everyone, wearing the mask and looking like some kind of Game of Thrones assassin, great stuff.

• Paid Members

Lil Kim's face is getting stranger and stranger though. That's all I could focus on during Wilder's entrance. Even her massive cleavage couldn't distract me from her melted face. She's been like it for years but it never ceases to shock me each time I see it. Sad, as she was a pretty girl once upon a time. 

Back on topic though, I like Wilder as well. Even if the screaming BBBOOOMMMMBBSQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD boils my piss. Aside from that he seems a good guy. And I love watching him fight. I don't care what people say about his style or awkwardness. I'm always on the edge of my seat watching a Deontay Wilder fight. 

The Joshua thing, I heard about the race stuff with him messaging Eddie Chambers saying he was a 'letdown to the superior black race' or something but didn't pay much attention to any backlash. What was the niece stuff? 

• Paid Members

From a GQ interview:

“I don’t think I’m that strict with Joseph, I don’t know why. But with my niece I’m strict,” he said. 

“He’s going to be a man’s man, he’ll want to spread his wings be a Jack-the-lad, build his character.

“But with my niece, there is none of that Jack-the-lad nonsense for her!

“My view is you have to be a good woman, respectful, one day you will be someone’s wife, you have to learn family morals … what it is to be a good woman.”

Nothing too mental, but it's just a bit Sun reader 1986, innit?

Anthony Joshua has been criticised on social media for “sexist” comments made about his niece in an interview that has resurfaced online. 

In the GQ piece from March 2017, the champion boxer said he was stricter with his niece than his son because she had to learn "family morals" and would one day grow up to "be someone's wife". 

“I don’t think I’m that strict with Joseph, I don’t know why. But with my niece I’m strict,” he said. 

“He’s going to be a man’s man, he’ll want to spread his wings be a Jack-the-lad, build his character.

“But with my niece, there is none of that Jack-the-lad nonsense for her!

“My view is you have to be a good woman, respectful, one day you will be someone’s wife, you have to learn family morals … what it is to be a good woman.”

Women's rights snowflakes? Fuck off, his comments belong in the 1950s