Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Wilder/Joshua might be closer after Deontay and has his team have apparently offered up the $50million AJ was asking for. Eddie Hearn is sceptical but has a meeting with Shirley Winkle on Friday. 

• Paid Members

that Ultimate Boxxer jobbie start tonight, airs on Unilad on facebook at 7.15 and Spike TV at 9 (which is assume is a tape delay of the unilad broadcast). Its a Prizefighter type tournament. Apparently theres gonna be live music and a bit of a different look than standard boxing events, those things never usually mesh well. I'll give it a look though.

• Paid Members

Sky's got the Daniel Jacobs and Katie Taylor fights on tomorrow night/early Sunday morning as well. Completely forgot about that. 

I've not really watched anything Bellew-Haye 2 related yet. I'll get that Gloves Are Off watched later. Has there been anything else build up-wise I should watch? 

Any predictions for Haye-Bellew 2?

A tough one to call. I am going for another Bellew win in the 2nd half of the fight.

I would love to see Haye get beat without the excuse of another injury. Not that i like Bellew much more than Haye, a couple of really dislikable characters IMO.

Edited by Lord-Mountevans

I watched the gloves are off for Bellew/Haye. I normally find these things cringy and awkward to watch. This one was ok. Bellew does most of the talking while Haye just sits there. I came out of it hoping Haye knocks him out, he’s probably the lesser of two evils.

It’s a hard fight to predict due to Hayes injury prone body. He’s a year older than last time with two more injuries to recover from. I can see it being a cautious start and Bellew just keeping outer harms way again to the fifth or so round. If he can do that i fancy him to win with a late stoppage again. 

• Paid Members

Bradley Skeete got done in two rounds in Spain. Fish Eyes must be gutted. Especially after going on about Skeete possibly bagging a fight with Amir Khan the other day :laugh: 

Didn't watch all of the undercard, because it's a Frank Warren show and I haven't got a spare 6 hours to set aside. But if you get chance I'd recommend watching the Geoffrey Dos Santos vs Andoni Gago featherweight fight. Not a technical masterpiece by any stretch but a war from bell to bell. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, a messy one but it was so wild it was one of those fights you can't look away from. Got sick of the commentators feeling the need to keep reminding us there was little technique to a lot of it. Who gives a fuck? If every fight was technically perfect boxing wouldn't be nearly as fun. You need a bit of variety and a non-stop war like that is welcome every now and then. It probably wasn't good for the fighters' longevity but you have to appreciate the guts and aggression from guys like that. 

Actually felt a bit sorry for Skeete. He seems a nice enough guy. It just didn't work out for him at all here. Lejarraga was well up for it fighting in his backyard and he just got to Skeete in the second round, dropped him, put it on him and never let up. Skeete tried his heart out as well, don't know how he got up from that body shot. But he was done at that point. 

Do British fighters ever win in Spain? I'm sure they do sometimes but the two that jump out to me are this and when Herol Graham went over there and got lamped by Julian Jackson. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

i cant see what Deontay and his team were hoping to achieve with that offer? they surely cant believe that Hearn would take the deal.

I think Hearn is spot on saying it's all just to boost Wilder's profile. It sort of worked too, because the $50M offer headline was everywhere when they announced it. The fact they didn't even bother meeting with Hearn as planned shows where they're at with the fight.