Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

he has a decent record but because hes lost 2 on the bounce he appears to be on the skid. 287lb on the scale but looks in good nick for such a big man.

maxresdefault.jpg

12 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

But its all about the Josh Taylor fight for me, really hope he wins, has looked class everytime ive seen him box. I dont know much about his opponent tbh.

The face of Baranchyk's last opponent.

5536680-0-image-a-53_1540824363507.jpg

I think Taylor will be able to neutralise Baranchyk's power. The Belarusian is a strong dude but Taylor has a height and reach advantage so should be able to keep him on the outside and box from distance.

It will be the first time Naoya Inoue fights outside of Japan. It will be interesting to see what type of reaction he gets. I would image Inoue will continue onto the final with a stoppage tonight.

• Paid Members

excellent little broadcast that, having a show start with the co-main event is quite refreshing for a UK show.

Josh Taylor had a tough fight but rightfully won the title. The 7 rounds to 5 scorecard sounded about right to me, but the double knockdown sent Taylor clear. Baranchyk is a bit of a beast, if Taylor hadn't have had that excellent round 6 im not so sure he would have won the fight. Excellent scrap though, Taylor insistence on biting down and going to war isnt always smart but its exciting. Taylor/Prograis is gonna be one of the fights of the year.

As for The Monster, Inoue. Fuck me, that guy is scary at the weight, absolute wrecking machine. I dont fancy Nonito Donaire's chances.

A lot of rounds could have been scored either way. For example, SKY scored round 2 for Baranchyk, but I felt Taylor won it. Nevertheless, I had Taylor winning by 2 points at least in the end, perhaps 4 points. The knockdowns in round 6 put him clear. 117-109 was a bit rough on Baranchyk though. 

Just heard that Saunders won. He apparently got buzzed in the 6th round, but dominated the rest of the action. Also interesting that Harley Benn, who entered the night undefeated at 6-0, lost to a journeyman, who entered the night with the unfortunate record of 0-16. 

• Paid Members

Wilder vs Brezeale went about as expected. Brutal knockout. Him still giving it the old ‘good things come to those who wait’ bit on fighting Joshua/Fury is pathetic though. I’m convinced he’s not fighting either man anytime soon. Expect a Wilder vs Shannon Briggs announcement soon 🙄

The WBSS show on Sky was good. Taylor vs Baranchyk was quality and Inoue once again looked terrifying. He’s quickly become one of my favourite fighters to watch over the last year or so. Nice to just have a streamlined 2 match show with no fat on it as well. Frank Warren should take note. You don’t have to have 27 fights and shows that go on until 1am. Sometimes a little bit less is more. 

Didn’t see the BT show but heard the same. That Saunders had a scare in the 6th but cruised the rest and looked good. So we’ll have people wanking him off and saying he’ll give Canelo and Golovkin nightmares again for the next 6 months now, I guess. 

18 hours ago, Rossman said:

The face of Baranchyk's last opponent.

5536680-0-image-a-53_1540824363507.jpg

I think Taylor will be able to neutralise Baranchyk's power. The Belarusian is a strong dude but Taylor has a height and reach advantage so should be able to keep him on the outside and box from distance.

It will be the first time Naoya Inoue fights outside of Japan. It will be interesting to see what type of reaction he gets. I would image Inoue will continue onto the final with a stoppage tonight.

Did Baranchyk's last opponent fight him twice and got both his eyes fucked up over the course of two fights?

Just got home from Glasgow, last nights show was brilliant. To be honest me and brother made the Journey down just to see Naoya Inoue box in the flesh, Josh Taylor was a bonus. Inoue lived up to the hype and then some, I really think this lad is going to be an all time great and it will be only going through the weights that might beat him. My mate messaged me this stat regarding Inoue "Inoue's last 3 fights. Total of 4 rounds. Against men who have never been stopped. " that is scary! 

The venue wasn't full, reckon 6k there if that but, the place was bouncing for Josh Taylor especially when he was announced world champion. I'd imagine now he is champ the venue will sell out now. Now for the Venue, The SSE Hydro is amazing, looks beautiful from the outside and is so accommodating on the in. Getting to it was a piece of piss and plenty of parking, was well impressed. 

The best thing about the Venue was it appeared all the special guests once in the arena entered the actual hall via the fans, by the looks of it or they just went for a wander am not sure. But, either way I bumped into Nonito Donaire and a British boxing legend in Ken Buchanan, was buzzing. Was a great weekend away in Glasgow and getting pics with them two just topped it off 

Image may contain: 3 people, including Jamie Hickman, people smiling, people standing

Image may contain: 2 people, including Jamie Hickman, people smiling, people standing

Edited by DarloKid

• Paid Members

That fucking knockout! pre-fight i said i wanted Breazeale to throw a spanner in the works but that KO was ridiculous. Breazeale was asking it from the opening bell. If KO's are statements in the heavyweight division, Wilder probably just laid claim to the #1 spot.

Edited by Egg Shen