Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

heres an easy watch, Paulie breaking down Wilder Brazeale. I think Wilder will struggle. Brazeale took some great shots from AJ and definately wont be intimidated by Wilder, plus the added history between the two could make for an interesting match.  

4 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

While I’m here, Bob Arum contradicting himself on Joshua vs Ruiz...

Bob Arum is 87 years old. Most guys that age can hardly tie their own shoes or wash themselves, so we should probably cut him a bit of slack if he forgets the odd thing here or there.

• Paid Members
On 5/12/2019 at 8:30 AM, wandshogun09 said:

Ah man that’s a shame. Always used to enjoy his enthusiasm when he’d come on during fights to give his score. Always something like;

Jim Lampley: Harold, how did you have it? 

Harold Lederman: OK Jim, with the knockdown I had it 10-8 to Manny...’Pacman’...Pacquiao. Jim, I gotta tell ya, he’s looking better than ever here. He’s fast, he’s sharp and that knockdown could’ve ended it. Marquez is gonna have to really dig deep now. 10-8 to Pacquiao. OK back to you guys. JIM!!’

The over the top ‘JIM’ at the end always cracked me up. 

34 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Deontay Wilder has outdone himself this week with the "i want a body on my record" schpiel, what an absolute nugget he is.

I was just watching him last night on a recent episode of Billions, and my instant thought was "stick to boxing man, you ain't no actor," even though his part was fairly limited. 

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, David said:

I was just watching him last night on a recent episode of Billions, and my instant thought was "stick to boxing man, you ain't no actor," even though his part was fairly limited. 

Dunno - he's done an excellent job in his role as "elite World Champion"

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, David said:

You have him down as a schmuck, C-Bomb? A bum? 

A chump?!?

Hahaha, it was just an easy gag to make. Although his resume doesn't seem quite as glittering as AJ's, I don't think you get to the level he does by being a bum, certainly.

• Paid Members

This weekend is fucking rammed with boxing, isn’t it? Saunders fight on BT and Josh Taylor on Sky in the evening then Wilder vs Brezeale in the early hours.

Completely slipped my mind that KO machine Inoue is fighting as well on the Taylor bill. He’s must-see for me. 

• Paid Members

yeh its a great weekend, i'll be watching the WBSS show live tomorrow. Saunders will have to wait until Sunday.

Looking forward to Wilder/Breazeale too. As much as i want to see the big 3 fight each other, id love to see Breazeale pull it off and stick one to the entire division.

I would like Breazeale to win as well but he is easy to hit from what ive seen and thats not a good thing against Wilder, plus then we would probably get a rematch or worst case a possible AJ Breazeale rematch that no one wants to see.

Looking forward to seeing Joe Joyce fight that big unit who Fury nearly fought a few years back, Joyce is generally in entertaining fights. Him and Dubios would be a great match for the future. 

But its all about the Josh Taylor fight for me, really hope he wins, has looked class everytime ive seen him box. I dont know much about his opponent tbh. 

What ever happened to Taylor victim Ohara Davies? I know he signed with Warren and had a fight but havent saw or heard of him for a long time. 

• Paid Members

Last time I heard anything from Ohara Davies was him trolling Darren Till after Till got knocked out by Masvidal on the UFC in London a couple of months back. 

0-D71-ED7-B-1317-49-F0-AF9-E-E455-A85843

Lost to Jack Catterall in his last fight and was on about retiring after. Like Egg says, he does have a fight scheduled now though. Prick can’t even retire right. 

Which card is Joyce fighting on tonight, the Saunders/BT one, I’m guessing? 

• Paid Members

yeh, Joyce is chief support to Saunders. He's fighting Ustinov who was once brought in to fight Fury but never materialised. He's a man mountain but lethargic as shit, its gonna be a slow one.