Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Well after His June fight Fury has another one lined up for the end of Sep which will probably be a step up from Schwarz but still not a major player. Wilder we be tangling with Ortiz near the end of the year and Joshua will have a manditory against either Pulev or the Cruiserweight who beat Bellew (cant remember his name), so that is this year pretty much taken care off. Although Fury did say he was fighting 3 times this year but his or Warrens word doesnt mean a great deal.

Whyte, if he wins in July will still be Manditory for Wilder which doesnt mean anything really. 

• Paid Members

Yeah I’m a bit sceptical due to the timing of it. Announcing this within 24 hours of the AJ fight just seems a bit too convenient to me. I mean, who the fuck announces their next TWO fights just weeks after their last one? 

On 5/31/2019 at 6:50 AM, ColinBollocks said:

AJ was on First Take the other day and he said he wants to sit down with Wilder, no management, and thrash out a deal. I'm sure Wilder's team will try their hardest to avoid this happening.

You think any of the moneymen who surround both fighters would let that happen? Come on, you know how it works. Joshua is no sooner sitting down with Wilder to thrash out anything than Wilder is. Neither of them have that much say in their careers. When they signed on for the big money they also signed away the right to dictate who they fight.

28 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

That's what I was getting at with my last sentence, David.

Ah, okay. Just the way you worded it made it sound like it was something individual to Wilder, as though Joshua could call the shots to such an extent where he'd be allowed to sit in the room and negotiate independent of his people and that Wilder is the reason that wouldn't happen.

Apologies, Colin.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, David said:

Ah, okay. Just the way you worded it made it sound like it was something individual to Wilder, as though Joshua could call the shots to such an extent where he'd be allowed to sit in the room and negotiate independent of his people and that Wilder is the reason that wouldn't happen.

Apologies, Colin.

Yeah. They're both getting played by the money men. Clearly, AJ is very aware of this so made those comments on First Take about thrashing something out themselves, but no doubt even if they did someone will eventually step in to derail it. Wilder's management are just filling up his calendar to make the AJ match seem way off.

Edited by ColinBollocks

3 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Wilder's management are just filling up his calendar to make the AJ match seem way off.

Well, it's not quite that bad to be honest. Wilder is facing the number five ranked Ortiz, then apparently will be facing the number two ranked Tyson Fury, while Joshua is facing Ruiz who isn't ranked as far as I know, then he's rumoured to be facing Pulev next, who's ranked ninth.

It is amazing though, as Hearn and Joshua have managed to convince most fans that it's Wilder who's running scared and who's filling up his calendar despite the fact that he's the guy who's faced Fury, Breazeale (who's only other loss was Joshua), and is facing Ortiz and then Fury again.