*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:33 PM, BomberPat said:

Apologies for the cheap plug etc., but here's a highlight video from a show I worked a couple of weeks ago at a music festival in Jersey. One of my favourite shows I've ever worked, really proud to have been a part of it, and a corker of a highlight video;

Has there ever been wrestling in Jersey before? 

• Paid Members
On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:59 PM, Snitsky's back acne said:

Has there ever been wrestling in Jersey before? 

We've been running shows in Jersey as Channel Islands World Wrestling for five years now - mostly running out of a hotel, but with the odd one-off elsewhere like the festival show in that video, and a couple we've done in a nightclub.

Before us, Shane Stevens ran a show about six years ago that drew really well, and booked a few of our guys (which was basically the launching pad for CIWW getting their own shows), and LDN ran a show here five years ago that didn't do well at all. I think the Shane Stevens show was the first in about ten years - I remember one having been advertised a couple of years prior but getting cancelled. There were a couple of tribute shows around 15 years ago, and from what I've heard, around 20 or more years ago you'd get the odd show in a hotel over here, basically as an offshoot of the holiday camp circuit. A lad I went to school with is adamant he saw Road Warrior Hawk at one, and I don't have the heart to tell him it would have almost definitely been Legend of Doom. I think Dynamite Kid worked here during his last UK run in the early '90s, though.

I don't know about the history of wrestling here before that - I'm 99% sure that we're the first promotion based in the Channel Islands, but I don't know about touring companies coming here or anything like that. Given that it was a huge tourist location in the '70s and '80s, I'd imagine we'd have had the odd show during the summer, but I've never come across anything in conversation with people, or seen any press cuttings or posters. I might have to have a rummage in the archives one day.

• Paid Members
On 8/29/2017 at 10:41 AM, BomberPat said:

I don't know about the history of wrestling here before that - I'm 99% sure that we're the first promotion based in the Channel Islands, but I don't know about touring companies coming here or anything like that. Given that it was a huge tourist location in the '70s and '80s, I'd imagine we'd have had the odd show during the summer, but I've never come across anything in conversation with people, or seen any press cuttings or posters. I might have to have a rummage in the archives one day.

Had a quick look and all I could find was Orig Williams doing the occasional visit. Also Guernsey had shows every fortnight during the summer around 1964, which was right around the peak of the British scene in terms of the number of venues running regularly.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Six months before his "Hey yo" launched one of the biggest gimmicks of all time, Scott Hall dresses as Santa and plugs In Your House 5 with a version of Twas the night before Christmas.

i dont care how shit it was, i can watch that era of the WWF all day.