The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

• Paid Members

As I've been bored today at work, and the great race is only a week away, I've appiled the above trends again. Can't be bothered to type the whole thing out, but the qualifiers are as follows:

REBEL REBELLION - 40/1

AL CO - 33/1

ALVARADO - 20/1

PORTRAIT KING - 66/1

The horses below miss out on one stat, but for various reasons it would be foolish to discount them.

ACROSS THE BAY (failed in this race twice, but has been unlucky)

CHANCE DU ROY (finished 6th last year)

MONBEG DUDE (finished 7th last year)

PINEAU DU RE (very rare for back to back winners)

Cheers for making the effort Max. Rebel Rebellion was looking great for half the race! Alvarado and Monbeg Dude paid off on E/W bets, but unfortunately as I spread my bets across all 8 of your picks, I only just about broke even. Fun though.

Whilst I no longer bet, For anyone who is interested there is the most ridiculous line tonight in the NBA.

Brooklyn money line (home to Chicago) - 6/5

Chicago don't want to win this, they would be idiots if they even attempted to win this game. If they lose they are guaranteed the four spot in the east, which is the perfect spot as you miss Cleveland in round two. Plus Brooklyn need to win. I really can't see how or why Chicago win this.

Also the Cavs will easily cover -7 against the Pistons. They will want to have a nice home win before the playoffs as everyone is back playing tonight.

Both together is 4.2 to 1.

I just don't see how that doesn't win. If Chicago wins they are officially the dumbest team in the league.

The playoffs start next week so it's going to be bloody fun! If anyone wants a tip, then take Milwaukee to win their first round series if its against Toronto.

(Sorry for replying to my own post!!

Ok, so that Brooklyn pick makes me look dumb after they got blown out. But give me a moment to explain why Chicago winning was inexplicably the dumbest decision they could have made. Also Brooklyn losing was also unbelievably retarded. I know no one cares, I just need to explain as it annoys me, and I didn't even have a bet on it myself.

If Chicago lost they would finish 4th in the playoff seedlings, going on to play a laughably coached Wizards team. Who they will beat, they just will. Then going on to play Atlanta, who they are too big for and Atlanta are very overhyped. As a team they play well but that's more of a regular season thing, when it comes to the playoffs teams will slow down and Chicago will destroy them in the paint. Chicago would be guaranteed a spot in the Eastern Conference finals against Cleveland, where Rose will have more time to get fully healthy and they will be able to play at 100%. If they finish 3rd they will be getting Milwaukee in the 1st round of the playoffs, which is no pushover. They will likely win then go on to play Cleveland in the 2nd round. Utterly baffling. Then again Chicago's coach seems to be in "Fuck You" mode towards the GM and owners as they are gonna be firing him at the end of the season, plus he is apparently someone who hates losing even if it makes sense.

As for Brooklyn, words fail me to say how idiotic this loss was. Usually a team who is on the brink of the playoffs who want to rebuild will try and miss it narrowly. Thus getting a higher draft pick whilst seeming to the fans they tried hard.. Why does that make Brooklyn idiots? THEY DONT HAVE THEIR DRAFT PICK THIS YEAR!! They traded it away. So there's literally no reason to not go all out for this game, They needed to win this game. Now they may not be in the playoffs and without a lottery pick.

All in all, this was the most ridiculous result that could have happened. It's worse than when Tottenham need a win and then go ahead and lose. Just insanity.

Actually scratch that. The Knicks winning and giving up the highest odds for the 1st overall pick in the process trumps everything. Wow... Just wow.

(Just to say I will do an NBA playoff preview in the NBA thread in a couple days.)

• 2 weeks later...

i have been doing really well with the football accumlators and these are woth a look even if you only done half a nice profit to be had

egypt premier league - Al Ahly vs Al Mokawloon DC x2
KUWAIT LEAGUE Al Jahra vs Al Arabi DC 1X
SAUDI ARABIAN PRO LEAUGE - Al Ittihad vs Al Taawon DC 1X
SAUDI ARABIAN PRO LEAUGE - Al Ittihad vs Al Taawon ASIAN HANDICAPP Al Ittihad 0
sweden - allsvenskan - Norrköping vs Gefle dc x1
sweden - superetten - Jönköpings Södra vs GAIS dc 1X
denmark - Hobro vs Midtjylland DC X2
TURKEY SUPA LIGA - Beşiktaş vs Karabükspor DC X1
PORTAGUAL PRIEMARA DIV - Moreirense vs Sporting CP - DC X2
ISRAEL LIGA LEUMENT - Hapoel Bnei Lod vs Ironi Kiryat Gat DC 1X
egypt premier league - Al Ahly vs Al Mokawloon DC x2
SAUDI ARABIAN PRO LEAUGE - Al Ittihad vs Al Taawon DC 1X

the DC means double chance

1x is home/draw

x2 is draw away

• 10 months later...
  • Paid Members

So......how has Cheltenham been for you so far? I only managed to watch a few races yesterday and had winners in Altior and Un temp pour tout yesterday and a couple of places. Today was good too with Yorkhill winning and my faith in sprinter sacre paid off. A late winner with ballyandy rounded off a profitable day after a few losers in between. Hope to watch a replay of some of the races tonight or tomorrow. It looks like I'll be at home to watch the Gold Cup on Friday, can't wait for that.

Edited by SiMania

Today was a bit of a disaster, but yesterday I talked myself out of a decent payday. I went for Min rather than Altior in a four horse £10 acca along with Ruby's other three winners. If Min won I would have won £250. If I went with Altior it would have been closer to £400.

I think I will steer clear for the rest of the festival. I am playing in the Amateur Poker Association Tour World Championships this weekend and want to save some wedge for that.

• Paid Members

Went to Cheltenham today. Had Blaklion in the RSA. Managed to get 11-1 in the betting ring. Backed Sprinter Sacre in the QM. As soon as I saw him come out on the track I barged my way to the bookies and doubled my bet. Un De Sceaux looked like a pony next to him. Was a superb performance. So had a pretty tidy day.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I spoke of this before with betting on Playstation and X BOX sports games Fifa , Pro Evo , Madden so on so forth. Well with E-Sports getting bigger by the week and bookies taking on bets i have been looking around and found this Fifa Playstation/X Box Betting site. 

https://utcoinbets.com/index.php?route=common/home

So if you like betting on footie and playing Fifa this could be for you. Check it out.

Since this has popped up:

Are Accumulator bets worth doing? I very rarely gamble, and only tend to do so if I'm physically at the horses. I hear stories from friends all the time "I won X ammount on Acca's " and wondered if its worth doing. I've seen a few pop up here and there that are low bet/high reward (obviously if it comes in), although I imagine you have to be the luckiest person in the world to get some of this stuff right.

Any advice on those? 

Since this has popped up:

Are Accumulator bets worth doing? I very rarely gamble, and only tend to do so if I'm physically at the horses. I hear stories from friends all the time "I won X ammount on Acca's " and wondered if its worth doing. I've seen a few pop up here and there that are low bet/high reward (obviously if it comes in), although I imagine you have to be the luckiest person in the world to get some of this stuff right.

Any advice on those? 

I don't bet nowadays but as long as you bet throughtout the season (every week) you would usually be quids in on Accas, I'm talking teams to win and not those 5000/1 both teams to score, kind of Accas.

Edited by Briefcase

• Moderators

I do a Lucky 15 most days for low stakes. It's a small outlay I won't miss (normally around fiver) and when a few come in you do well. Also having only one winner trebles the odds (which csn lead to rage wjen a 2-5 banker you went on wins the last race on your slip after you had just one winner prior at 16s) You're better looking at patents and lucky 15s than trebles and fourfolds in my opinion.

Edited by PowerButchi

I tend to stay away from accumulators 1 wrong result and you lose the bet. I do Lucky 63's on Football. Mainly draw's. You could do it at 20 Pence per bet (6 Teams at £12.60 Total). 3 Draws get you a tiny profit of couple pound or about even. Most draws tend to be 11/5 - 7/2 or if doing Decimals 3.1 to 3.65 and up so If you get 4 results a nice bit of profit heads your way. All 6 come in your looking at getting over a grand. It just go's on the odds.

Below is a link to a odds calculator to see what you could make on bets.

http://www.free-bet-calculator.co.uk

Good luck with your future bets