DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

I finally got round to watching Superbad.The first hour is superb, I could listen to the dialogue between Seth & Evan all day. But once that weirdo took them to that house party I started to lose interest in their story and the second half wasn't quite as good. But McLovin hanging around with the cops was greatness.So overall it was a very funny film, but could have been better. :thumbsup:

Pretty much what i thought. Good teen comedy but could've been a lot better. I thought Knocked Up was much better than this. Incidentally i saw the trailer for Seth Rogans next film today, Pineapple Express i think, with James Franco. Looks a bit crap, so i'll give it a miss probably.I saw Wanted this afternoon. Pretty damn fun action film with lots of cool shoot-y stuff and stunts. A probable dvd purchase.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

I watch 2 really good films at the weekend. The bourne Ultimatum, which is excellent. I can't remember seeing a trilogy of films that continues to get better and better as it goes on. The dialogue, the detail and the Bourne character are incredible.Also saw Lucky Number Slevin, which is really good too. Fantaastic acting is at the heart of it, but the script is witty and the concept is carried off pretty seamlessly. Hartnett is a revelation. Lucy Lui is foxy with a capital FOXY.

I wasn't interested in Superbad at all when it first came out but myself and the girlfriend decided to pick it up at Blockbuster one bored night because so many people had given it great reviews. We were both even more bored after 30 minutes. There were some very funny bits, especially those with McLovin, but the rest really did not interest me at all, maybe im just getting too old for these sort of films. One the other hand though. We absolutly loved Knocked Up and were pleasently surprised by it.

• Moderators

I watched "Next" starring Nicolas Cage this weekend. I also watched "National Treasure 2" starring Nicolas Cage. I hate Nicolas Cage, btw.Next was hilariously stupid and quite fun ( I wouldn't watch it again or reccomend it, though); you could tell it was totally the kind of thing that Nic Cage thought "wow this film is really clever and deep". National Treasure 2 was a lot of fun for the puzzles and action. Lots of plot holes and bad acting as expecting, but I didn't really care... it's kind of like Indiana Jones-ish in its premise, but not as good (I haven't seen the first one, but assuming it's pretty much the exact same thing, I'd happily kill a couple hours watching it). In conclusion, I think everyone should go watch "In the Name of the King".

• Paid Members

Fracture is one of the worst films in recent memory. It's worth seeing for the car crash nature of Anthony "I'm actually not that good of an actor" Hopkins' hilarious accent. Is it Irish? Is it American? Is it Welsh? Who knows.

I'll agree with that. When he suddenly turns Irish toward the end we were like "eh?"

• Paid Members

Fracture is one of the worst films in recent memory. It's worth seeing for the car crash nature of Anthony "I'm actually not that good of an actor" Hopkins' hilarious accent. Is it Irish? Is it American? Is it Welsh? Who knows.

You would know this one Seven.We are trying to find the name of a horror film with Hopkins and a Ventriliquist puppet. I believe the puppets starts killing people. Any idea? Thanks.

• Paid Members

You would know this one Seven.We are trying to find the name of a horror film with Hopkins and a Ventriliquist puppet. I believe the puppets starts killing people. Any idea? Thanks.

Magic
Much appreciated there!

Just listening to the commentary for 'Superbad' and I can't believe what a dick Judd Apatow was.

It started out being recorded in two locations but both places could hear eachother and interact.

In L.A. the commentary featured:

- writer Evan Goldberg,

- writer/Star Seth Rogen

- The guy who played Evan

- The guy who played Fogel

and in N.Y.C., the commentary featured:

- the guy who played Seth

- producer Judd Apatow

- producer Judd Apatow's daughter Maude (who's about 8 years old) was also in the room.

So the L.A. crew are having fun and talking freely, when a couple of times Jonah Hill (who played Seth) over in New York accidentally swore. Each time Judd Apatow warned him (albeit in a friendly manner) not to swear while his daughter is in the room. Hill apologized to her.

Eventually 40 minutes in, Apatow gets legitimately pissed off at Hill for swearing.

Hill explains that they are watching an R-Rated/15 certificate film which is unsuitable for her in the first place, and swearing does happen when he's talking to his friends who are also free to swear (as the people in LA had been frequently, with young Apatow not being able to hear them due to not wearing headphones).

Apatow gets even angrier when Hill wouldn't censor himself just for the benefit of the child and actually storms out of the commentary, never to return!

Jonah Hill didn't let it affect him and he seemed to enjoy himself more after the incident, but I imagine he and Apatow ended up falling out when Apatow - in my opinion - was out of order for bringing her in the first place.